Shiner Holiday Cheer | Spoetzl Brewery / Shiner

good
good
Read the review
Shiner Holiday CheerShiner Holiday Cheer

Spoetzl Brewery / Shiner
Texas, United States
shiner.com

Style: Dunkelweizen

Added by Atlas1 on 10-26-2008

Ratings: 1,580 |  Reviews: 402

4.5/5  rDev +27.5%

I first got this beer in 2012, before I really started drinking craft beer, and I just loved it. I drank a bunch of it that season, and when it came out in 2013, I grabbed some right away, and took it back to Georgia to share with my family.

Unfortunately, I didn't care for it as much last year. It was ok, but I only got a bare hint of the peaches and pecans, it didn't seem to have the balance, and there was a slight aftertaste that I didn't care for.

So, I was really pleased with the release this year. I got a 12-pack in cans, and it's right back where I remembered it from two years ago. Nice malt base, the peaches and pecans are back with the nice balance between the sweetness and the hops. I don't know if the bottles I got last year were just an off case, but they were sealed in a cardboard box, so they should have been okay.

Anyway, get this in cans if available, and enjoy! Happy Thanksgiving!

4.48/5  rDev +26.9%

Nice and fruity without being overly fruity and cloying. A little thin throughout, but I was actually pleased. Don't think of spruce and cinnamon.

4.47/5  rDev +26.6%

Pours a beautiful dark amber brown with a one finger lively tan head that recedes quickly.
Smells amazing! Of fresh cut peaches, brown sugar, nuts, caramel, and...fresh linen?
Starts with fresh peach and strawberry, then roasted almonds, and then to a nice maltiness with some earthy hops.
Mouthfeel I slick, and moderately creamy, diggin' it.
Overall a kickass, fragrant brew, with a great flavor to match, caramel color be damned, it's still a great beer!

4.46/5  rDev +26.3%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.5

Shiner Holiday Cheer from Spoetzl Brewery / Shiner