Shiner Holiday Cheer | Spoetzl Brewery / Shiner

Alströms:
3.7

Ratings: 1,580 |  Reviews: 403

3.32/5  rDev -6.7%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.25

3.9/5  rDev +9.6%

2.75/5  rDev -22.8%

3.72/5  rDev +4.5%

A-dark amber w/ small/medium head

S-peaches, cinnamon and malt

T-The taste is the key to any beer...this is where this beer excels. Peaches is the clear dominant flavor...which is appreciated...nuttiness (assuming pecas)...thought I got some cinnamon flavor as well. but IMO takes a backseat to the more dominant flavors.

M-Easy easy easy to drink

O-I was throughly impressed by this beer. I really enjoyed the peach flavor along w/ the other flavor combinations. When I had this on tap...they rimmed the glass w/ brown sugar and cinnamon...fantastic...I copied this at home as well on a couple bottles. One of my favorite, shockingly, holiday releases.

4.22/5  rDev +18.5%

Poured into a Sam Adams "bubble' glass.

Dark Hefe-copper with a foamy one inch head thats sustains with a nice lace.

Smells of ripe peaches, spicey saaz and roasted nuts.

Taste is a smooth fruity peach and roasted almond blended with a noble saaz and flowery lemon grass.

Smooth and satisfying medium bodied offering. Excellent holiday brew!

Holiday cheer indeed...

4.34/5  rDev +21.9%
look: 4 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

pours a beautiful amber color with a frothy off-white head. Smells very fruity, maybe strawberries or cherries. Initial taste is very smooth and crisp with a very light cherry taste finish. Very drinkable and enjoyable. The more I drink this, the more the natural Cherry flavor pops before the finish. Not much lacing to speak of. Overall, I was very pleasantly surprised with this brew and I just hope I can find more when I go back to the store.

3.92/5  rDev +10.1%

L (4) – There’s a nice deep red/burgundy color to this. I always like beers to look like this, for a nice holiday feel.

S (3.75) – Uh oh. I smell peaches. I know there are peaches in it, but it’s heavy on the peach.

T (4) – Well I can taste the peaches. But very subtle. It’s more on the back end and is actually kinda pleasant. Sometimes these holiday beers can taste like they’ve been steeped in potpourri. But not this one. I don’t get a whole lot of the malt, but it’s a Shiner beer, so I’m not super surprised.

F (3.75) – Thin and crisp. It’s okay, but nothing special in this department.

O (4) – I’d been wanting to try this one, but didn’t want to commit myself to an entire 6 pack. I was actually much more pleased than I thought I’d be. I’m not going to run out and by the six pack, but I’m not mad that I bought this at the restaurant. I would consider drinking it again.

3.52/5  rDev -1.1%

2010 version poured into shaker pint glass. Poured an amber coler with a small head that disapated fairly quickly. Aromas of peaches, light brown sugar, and lightly roasted malt. Taste was pretty good: malt, a touch of peaches, nuts, and brown sugar. Out of the offerings I've had from Shiner, this one comes out on top.

3.97/5  rDev +11.5%

4.25/5  rDev +19.4%

3.25/5  rDev -8.7%

3.75/5  rDev +5.3%

Tastes like Captain Crunch. So, there's that going for it. Drinkable, and a little sweet with fruity notes throughout.

Shiner Holiday Cheer from Spoetzl Brewery / Shiner