Shiner Ruby Redbird | Spoetzl Brewery / Shiner

Availability: Summer

Added by wagenvolks on 03-17-2011

Ratings: 1,291 |  Reviews: 278
Photo of

You had this beer. Write a review.

4.79/5  rDev +50.6%

This is my favorite all-time beer. It's really hard to describe-the grapefruit is there, but subtle. The ginger is there-but it's also just right. I don't usually like "fruit-infused" beers at all, and "Blue Moon" is too sweet for me, but this beer is incredible!

I literally almost got into a row over the last 12 pack last fall, when me and this other guy came into the store at the same time, panicked that it was almost gone. We lamented that this beer is seasonal.

4.76/5  rDev +49.7%

4.75/5  rDev +49.4%

I miss this seasonal beer, and I love the citrus flavor that is hinted at with the grapefruit.

4.71/5  rDev +48.1%

I've been rapidly tasting craft beers for a few years and this is by far my favorite summer ale.. Grapefruit is f*&%ing disgusting but I was completely blown away by this fantastic beer. Very crisp light enough to drink a ton of em on a full stomach AND plenty of flavor.. This beer is not sissy although it is light. Reminds me of water skiing, the beach, the pool and grilled food. GANGSTA!

4.6/5  rDev +44.7%

god help me, i love this beer!!! .. Pours a light ruby tan, low foam .. . light aroma of ginger, grapefruit (weird right?) .. . taste is light grapefruit, and ginger, but i don't like ginger.. what the hell is going on?? this is fantastic!! all i can do is picture cases of this, stacked-chilled and by a pool! .. i can say that the new brewmaster at Spoetzl is really starting to stamp his name on what i thought was a shit brewery- could this be my turning point with Shiner, ..again ... I will be buying more of this... . Someone somewhere wants me crazy

Shiner Ruby Redbird from Spoetzl Brewery / Shiner