Paradisiac Cuivrée II | AMB - Maître Brasseur

Style: American IPA

Added by Intrinsic on 03-07-2011

Reviews by Intrinsic:
4.29/5  rDev 0%

If this beer has anything going for it, it's an incredibly different and unique recipe.
It pours a dark straw colour and the head looks very creamy. The only unfortunate thing about its appearance is the uninspired label. It looks like someone printed it off in their basement.
The smell more than makes up for its lacklustre appearance though. The hops are obviously present, but not overly so. What I found interesting were the floral notes with hints of spice and cherry. Very pleasant!
This is definitely one of the most unique beers I've ever tasted. The hops easily overpower the mild malty flavour, but there's something different here. Spice, for sure, but what kind? It could possibly be curry and a hint of cinnamon along with some others I'd never have a chance of identifying. My palate isn't quite that developed unfortunately.
With a bone-dry finish, this beer just doesn't quit. I really like everything about it (except for the label) and if I had more than one of these I'm pretty sure I could easily drink a couple more. If you're lucky enough to be in the Mont Royal neighbourhood of Montreal, it's worth stopping by Le Paradis de la Biere. This is the only place you'll find it.

Paradisiac Cuivrée II from AMB - Maître Brasseur