Extreme Beer Fest:Los Angeles

Learn more...

Tuborg Pilsner Beer (Green / Grøn) | Tuborgs Bryggerier A/S

Tuborg Pilsner Beer (Green / Grøn)Tuborg Pilsner Beer (Green / Grøn)
2.68/5
Poor
Tuborg Pilsner Beer (Green / Grøn)Tuborg Pilsner Beer (Green / Grøn)

Tuborgs Bryggerier A/S
Denmark
tuborg.com

Style: Euro Pale Lager

Added by Dogbrick on 10-03-2003

1.21/5  rDev -54.9%
look: 1 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 1.25 | feel: 1 | overall: 1.25

I had this beer in China. To me, it's a very mediocre light beer - nothing special about it. I suppose if you get a really cold one on a really hot day it would do the trick.

1.25/5  rDev -53.4%

1.32/5  rDev -50.7%

Clean & chemically with some malts.

Pours a hazy, golden yellow colour that looks like urine. It has plenty of carbonation that settles and a pour head that disappears very fast.

Chemical type flavours with some corn & hops plus a slightly off taste. Has a strange & unpleasant aftertaste as well.

Thin bodied with lots of fizz. Quite smooth overall with crisp but slightly dry finish.

A very poor beer & only just drinkable.

(http://abarwithnoname.wordpress.com)

1.33/5  rDev -50.4%

1.33/5  rDev -50.4%
look: 3 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 1.25 | feel: 1 | overall: 1.25

1.34/5  rDev -50%

500ml can
4.6% ABV

I tried this beer on February 11, 2008 after purchasing from my local LCBO outlet. The beer poured a translucent gold colour with a thin white head. The aroma was very grainy. The mouthfeel was watery with little carbonation. The flavour was as grainy as the aroma. Not a pleasing beer to my palate.

1.5/5  rDev -44%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

Can: Poured a bright golden color lager with a small bubbly white head with average retention. Aroma of light sweet adjunct and corn is not as bad as expected but no great either. Taste is dominated by adjunct with corn note easily distinguishable. Another cheaply brewed lager with no interesting feature.

1.75/5  rDev -34.7%
look: 1.75 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 1.75 | overall: 1.75

1.78/5  rDev -33.6%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 1.5

Poured a 500-ml can into a draught glass.

Appearance - pale gold brew with a white foamy head, disappearing in minutes.

Smell - corn and hops. Not a lot going on here.

Taste - pretty neutral at first, then the taste of tin, then a medium bitter finish. Not great.

Mouthfeel - it is smooth except the taste of the can is a distraction.

Drinkability - not a lot of beers still taste like the can but this one certainly does. I'm a little put off by it and probably won't get it again.

1.84/5  rDev -31.3%

Where I come from, Tuborg has somekind of classic status. Now, being a bit older and at least a little bit wiser, I wonder how that happened. Tuborg green (or "grön" as we say here) is a bad beer. Smell and taste is sweet, grainy, doughy in a, I would say, almost musty way. The whole beer feels half-baked, unfinished ("unripe" - green!). It was pretty ok once when I tried it together with crisp bread with ham and mustard. But otherwise, avoid this beer.

1.85/5  rDev -31%

The one i reviewed was brewed by Ringnes in Norway i think, and I think thats why it doesn't get so good grade from me. i recall tasting a one bought in Denmark, and if i recall correctly, it was better than the one im reviewing now.
The apperence of this beer is OK. it has yellow/gold colour.
In my eyes its the taste that ruins it for me. it tastes like cheap generic lager.
if you like Tuborg Grøn, i would not recommend drinking those bought in Norway

1.86/5  rDev -30.6%

Appearance: Poured from a can into a Hoegaarden pint glass in low altitude Galway, Ireland, on October 25th, 2010. Pours a five finger head that collapses in seconds. It's a clear urine yellow, but at least it doesn't appear over-carbonated. Unappealing.

Smell: One light note of stale barley.

Taste: A flat note of barley, unpronounced, a slight hint of water, and a nearly pleasant upshot of cream in the finish.

Mouthfeel: Not enough cream on the open. A bit too wet, especially through the finish, but not as watery as other garbage lagers.

Drinkability: Hey, it's cheap, innit?

1.88/5  rDev -29.9%

Pours a rather pale straw body with plenty of carbonation. Produces a bright white head that disappears quickly, leaving only a ring of residue clinging to the glass and body. Aroma is lacking - smells slightly like wet grass. Taste is almost non-existent, slight bitterness. There is a crisp mouthfeel when served just above freezing, but overall it's thin and watery. Drink it fast and cold. Wouldn't reach for another.

1.9/5  rDev -29.1%

Green 275ml ring-pull bottle, brewed and bottled in the EU for Carlsberg UK Ltd. So God knows where it has been brewed, but I don't.

When I was courting my (now) wife, her hospital social bar had bottled Toburg, I loved it. That was back in 1975 in Germany. Sadly this review is about a beer I no longer know.

Poured into one of my Veltins Pilsner glasses, giving myself a deep cut on one of my fingers as I did.

Very pale golden yellow and I mean very pale. The white head stayed. To be fair the beer was crystal clear and clean looking.

My score for lager/pilsner aromas are always 3, unless I can actually detect a real smell, this beer gets the normal 3.

Insipid, tasteless and boring, there is nothing to this beer at all. It has a metalic nasty dryness if anything.

The dryness and metalic feel is more prominent in the aftertaste and mouthfeel. Cardboard and fluff also come to mind.

Just about the worst beer I have ever had.

1.9/5  rDev -29.1%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 1.5

Came out of a bottle with a strange pop-top that reminded me of the plastic pull-off from an orange juice carton. Poured fairly carbonated, 2-finger white head. The beer had a generic off-yellow color. Smell was standard, grainy malts with some bitter-ish hops. Smelled like the basement of my fraternity house the morning after a party. Taste was like that of any light macro, but slightly worse: watered down, runny, a little gritty, with a kind of funky, bitter-ish aftertaste. Not enjoyable. I think this is suppose to be a session beer, but I was definately done after one.

1.91/5  rDev -28.7%

This pale Euro lager is made in Turkey. No to slightly annoying aroma, alevel above a bit skunky. Yellow body with fast fading white head. A bit thin and burning mouth feel, some taste of malts, and some other astringency. A beer for homeless alcoholics.

1.96/5  rDev -26.9%

1.97/5  rDev -26.5%

Tuborg Pilsner

Served up at the Dubliner in Reykjavik

Appearance- Watery yellow with little carbonation and no head.
Smell- there was a faint smell of sweet corn and sugar. Not much aroma.
Taste- I think this is beer flavored water or its non alcoholic. There is a light tinge of sweet syrupy malt and nothin else.
Mouthfeel- watery!!!

Overall- That was a waste of $10 bucks. I could have drank from the sink in the wc.

Tuborg Pilsner Beer (Green / Grøn) from Tuborgs Bryggerier A/S