Baron Von Weizen | The Defiant Brewing Company

Reviews: 1 | Ratings: 8
Reviews by Huffs:
3.75/5  rDev -2.8%

3.91/5  rDev +1.3%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 4

4.75/5  rDev +23.1%

3.88/5  rDev +0.5%

Had this on tap last night at the Iron Horse in Westwood. I heard that these was a new brewery and my server recommended this instead of the Trippel that was also offered. The burger I had was great and this went along pretty nicely with it, even though it wasn't quite how I pictured it would taste.

Good pour to this even though it might have taken a little while to get to my table. The head was moderate and the hue was a dark gold with some lightness around the edges. It took me a while to figure it out, but this beer reminded me of Weihenstephaner because of the type of wheat in it. It was bright, tasty, and strong - certainly enough to make up for the slightly thin mouthfeel. There was a bit of pepper and lemon to be enjoyed too with just a slightly sour aftertaste. This went down nice and easy but never felt watered-down or thin.

This would make a great session beer if I could buy it via the bottle. Nevertheless, this had a very German taste and the hint of spice kept it from being too dull or similar to other beers of this style that I've tried. For $5 a pint, I'd have this again the next time I'm in that neck of the woods. This was a solid offering for the season and for a lover of unfiltered beers like me!

3.75/5  rDev -2.8%

3.42/5  rDev -11.4%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

Baron Von Weizen from The Defiant Brewing Company