Mosquito Wheat | Abbey Wright Brewing Co.

Liked This Beer
3.53 w/ 2 ratings

Abbey Wright Brewing Co.
Pennsylvania, United States
thevalley-inn.com

Style: American Pale Wheat Ale

Alcohol by volume (ABV): not listed

Availability: Summer

Added by Phatz on 08-19-2006

Liked:
3.53/5
Alströms:

Reviews by akorsak:
4.14/5  rDev 0%

Served on-tap at the Valley Inn in Duboistown. I originally ordered the Blanche and my wife ordered this. She didn't like the hops so I gladly traded.

A: The ale is pale, a clear yellow color that looks like water with a few drops of food coloring added. A finger or so of head nicely coats the top of the glass.

S: The aroma is a hoppy blast, thick with citrus hops that completely overtake the soft tartness of the wheat.

T: The ale's recipe has beet tweaked to focus on the hops and they really shine here. From the first sip to the last, they are sharp and strong. Citrus flavors abound, grapefruit and tangerine flavors take control early and never let go. The wheat body is soft, showing off only a hint of tartness before allowing the hops to re-assert themselves. My initial thought as I drank it was that it is a Gumballhead-inspired wheat ale.

M: Delicious hops, they are biting but never punishing. They nicely control the ale and its direction.

D: I often overlooked Abbey Wright but the past few offerings that I've had have really changed my mind. The headbrewer (Bart, IIRC) is doing some great things with this and the Smokey Oak.

2.92/5  rDev 0%

Unfiltered, at the Valley Inn. Mini ring of white on pale yellow, with lace. A bit grainy, Apple and wheat, high carbonation. Medium to light mouthfeel. On the sweet side. Not their best,not a great example of the style,fairly weak one, but quaffable.

Mosquito Wheat from Abbey Wright Brewing Co.
Beer rating: 0 out of 100 with 2 ratings