Imperial Spice Honey Wheat | Kassik's Kenai Brew Stop

Added by grumpy on 05-13-2008

Reviews by the Alström Bros:

None found.

3.62/5  rDev +6.5%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 4 | overall: 3.75

3.58/5  rDev +5.3%

The name says it all, I suppose. It's exactly what the moniker suggests - an American, unfiltered, Honey Wheat beer ramped up to high octane. I had perhaps expected a Weizenbock sort of thing, or a Belgian Strong Ale made with wheat, maybe even a Wheatwine of some sort. I have placed it in the Wheatwine category, since that seems to be more fitting than American Strong Ale, or American Pale Wheat Ale, and I didn't see a Honey Wheat listing. But it tastes like a typical American Honey Wheat with double the flavor and alcohol. Really pretty appealing, as a change of pace beer.

Pours murky, unfiltered straw/light amber, with a small ring of foam and considerable lace. Aroma is, well, honey, and wheat, and alcohol. I couldn't detect any significant hop contribution, but I simply may not have recognized it. Fairly full-bodied, exhibiting the creamy texture associated with an unfiltered beer, and a moderate carbonation level.
Would I have another? Oh, I'd split a growler on a given occasion, but all in all not a beer I'd make a habit of drinking.

Imperial Spice Honey Wheat from Kassik's Kenai Brew Stop