Coo Coo For Cocoa Stout

SCORE
n/a
Notes:
4.42/5  rDev +3%

Had on tap at Ram in downtown Indy.

A- Poured a deep dark brown. Almost black but it fit in more with the cocoa theme. One finger brown head showd medium retention leaving nice thick streaks of lace in my glass.

S- Roasted malts in the front of the aroma get overtaken by a light coffee scent. The front dies away pretty quickly to bring on the chocolate aroma. I mean this is like opening a bag of Coco Puffs for the first time. A very inviting aroma to say the least. Hints of vanilla on the backend of this. Didn't really detect any hopping in this at all which is fine by me.

T- Roasted malts in the front of the beer start things off. There is a light creamy taste and feel to this as well. Toward the ending of the front of the beer it takes off into a chocoalte whirlwind. The first wave of chocoalte to me is actual chocoalte syrup mix. This helps with the creamy. rich, and fuller flavor. Middle of the beer has a lighter almost milk chocolate taste with hints of vanilla to boot. Ending of the beer is more of a chocoalte milk flavor than anything else. The flavor was screaming coo coo for cocoa for sure.

M- Medium heavy mouthfeel. Carbonation was good for the style. Wavered sometimes from heavy to a medium feel in the mouth. Chocolate ruled not only the palate but also long into the aftertaste smashing any other flavors that were present. Balance was chocolate forward..which to me wasn't bad as I have a little bit of a sweet tooth. No off flavors at all. Medium drying on the palate from the alcohol.

D- This stout could be drank all day if need be. I remember the bartender told us the ABV was around 5% so this made it all the more drinkable. This beer could fill you up after 3 or 4 but lucky me had to run after this beer. I know if need be I would have sat there and had my 4 or so before I was full.

4.15/5  rDev -3.3%

Pours a great deep brown color with excellent head and lacing. Nice roasted grain and coffee aroma and a huge chocolate scent. Great flavor, with a good deep stout (roasted grains and a bit dryness) with great chocolate flavors keeping up. Goes down great, a wonderful cold weather stout.

Coo Coo For Cocoa Stout from Ram Restaurant & Brewery