Mt. Prevost Porter | Craig Street Brew Pub

Craig Street Brew Pub
British Columbia, Canada
craigstreet.ca

Style: American Porter

A silky smooth dark ale with savoury cocoa and roasted malt flavours, our porter has a slightly smoked finish that is both alluring and illusive.

Added by canucklehead on 06-23-2008

3.9

Reviews by KalanM:
3.5/5  rDev -10.3%

Stopped in at the brewery for lunch on our way from Victoria up to Nanaimo. Since my wife's last name is Prevost, we were excited to try this namesake beer. Poured a deep brownish-black with a small, creamy tan head. Aroma of rich, roasted dark malt with a hint of espresso.
Palate is huge on roasted dark malt flavor, with notes of chocolate and espresso. A hint of dark fruit comes through on the swallow, with a nice, roasty finish. Body is nice, rich and creamy, just about perfect for an American porter. A highly-drinkable dark beer that's fairly low in alcohol spells a winner to me. My wife also feels proud that her name's on this one.

3.83/5  rDev -1.8%

On-tap at the Alibi.

A: Black with a tan head, good retention, excellent lacing.

S: Chocolate, brown sugar, dark bread, coffee.

T: Very roasty (leaning towards a stout), chocolate, slight sourness with a mild bitterness.

M: Moderate body is very smooth & creamy; slightly chalky with an off-dry finish.

D: A good drinker.

3.75/5  rDev -3.8%

Had this on-tap at The Alibi Room

Well I must say that this was one well made porter that was very full bodied and redolent of roast coffee and chocolate. The finish was smooth yet long and I had this next a pint of Back Hand of God so I realized what a quality beer this is. I need to try more from these guys but other than the Alibi Room you probably have to go to the brewpub.

Mt. Prevost Porter from Craig Street Brew Pub