Harboe Premium Traditional Pilsner 4.6% | Harboes Bryggeri A/S

Added by brewdlyhooked13 on 06-13-2007

Liked:
1.86/5
Alströms:

Unlike the Brazilian premiums due to the hops used, but the cost benefit goes only by curiosity. Gold, some foam despite being gritted, more persistent than a beer; odorless, has at least maize; good flavor, with a metal what.

1.57/5  rDev -15.6%

There are several Harboe Pilsners listed on this site, but none of them had the correct ABV for the beer that I am reviewing. However, I bet l that the various listings are almost identical beers. Maybe they change the ABV in hopes of achieving a better flavor? Overall, I have had several beers brewed by Harboe and they have all left me wanting a better beer. I am sure there will be slight debate as to what is the true beer style. I think it is between a Euro Pale Lager and a WEAK German Pilsner.

A: Golden-Lemon yellow. Virtually no head with slight lacing.
S: Has a smoky malt aroma. Not very strong.
T: Tastes somewhat uneventful and watered down. All you really 'taste' is the blast of carbonation.
M: Medium bodied brew. Full of small bubble carbonation that can be felt on the tongue some time after the drink.
D: Not enjoyable to drink. This is the type of beer that I would be embarrassed to serve at a party.

Harboe Premium Traditional Pilsner 4.6% from Harboes Bryggeri A/S