Elevator Dark Horse Lager | Elevator Brewery & Draught Haus

4.5/5  rDev +22%

3.5/5  rDev -5.1%

4.4/5  rDev +19.2%

3.48/5  rDev -5.7%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.5

Not going to get into aroma. I love lagers, but I don't find them to be nose pleasers per say. Off white head holds on nicely throughout the glass, especially against the dark base. Tried to get a decent pic of the pretty deep brown color. The roasted malt comes through, though not to the extent the color would lead you to believe. Also a surprisingly faint coffee taste, along with almost a nutty flavor. Going to look through reviews and see if anyone else gets that. Sort of a dark lager/brown ale combo. Off the top of my head, I think it is a better version of a Beck's Dark.

4.75/5  rDev +28.7%

3.5/5  rDev -5.1%

4.5/5  rDev +22%

2.75/5  rDev -25.5%

2.76/5  rDev -25.2%

This not a fair review of this beer. I got this as a build your own six pack at an IGA. I think I got a bad bottle. When opened the bottle, the suds overflowed onto the counter, strange due to me not shaking the bottle, dropping the bottle or anything like that. I poured it into the pint glass and the head was very thick, it actually made up almost half the pour. I had to stop my pour. I waited five minutes and it did not go down.

This is where it gets interesting. I had to use a spoon to get some of the head out of the glass to pour the rest. The taste was okay, nothing special, but like I said, I think this was a bad bottle. I will find this again and give it a fair shot.

3.52/5  rDev -4.6%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

Holy foam up! This is the most over-bubbly thing I've had in a long time. It foamed all the way up my glass.

The color is brown. The foam eventually dissipates. Aroma is yeasty funky and spunky, but only mildly so. The taste is malty, but with an odd burnt spunkiness. It's hard to describe, but it is as if this were a bad bottle.

The mouth feel is foamy - too foamy. Still, it was an experience, just one I don't care to repeat.

Elevator Dark Horse Lager from Elevator Brewery & Draught Haus