Stone 7th Anniversary Ale | Stone Brewing

Stone 7th Anniversary AleStone 7th Anniversary Ale

Stone Brewing

Style: American Pale Ale (APA)

Added by StoneGreg on 08-01-2003

Reviews: 141 | Ratings: 150
4.85/5  rDev +17.4%

An outstanding beer for New Beer Sunday. Bottle has been cellared for quite a while and been in the fridge for about a month.

A: Cloudy murky orange/tea color. Head was about 1" initially (using an oversized wine glass for the aroma) Now just a collar that is leaving wispy traces of lacing.

S: Pine sap hop aroma explosion. Alcohol smell promises a nice warmth. Less malt aroma than I'd like, but what is there is a faintly sweet doughy aroma.

T: Big hoppy flavor, nice piney hop flavor that isn't too over the top, maybe due to the aging. Nice solid malt base. There's a very interesting spicy flavor going on that's hard to pin down. If I had to describe it, I'd describe is as a hot cassia bark flavor (cassia being the more macho manly tree bark version of cinammon). The flavors on this beer have melded beautifully. Yayy for aging! Aftertaste is just a quick flash of bitterness.

M: Carbonation is low and this beer is a bit full in body, lending it a mouthfeel that is almost cask-like in it's smoothness. The carbonation is there but seems almost soft if I may call it that. Nice big alcohol warmth here, this beer feels like one brewed to give you that warm fuzzy feeling and make you happy and life more lovely.

D&N: Soooo glad I have one more precious bottle of this godly elixir in my cellar. Smooth but with a punch, the proverbial iron fist in a velvet glove. Wonderfully tasty. I don't have Seventh Son in my play list (sorry Venom, a good album, just don't have it at the moment to compare it), but it is matching up quite nicely with the first album. As I sit here swirling the last few milliliters in my glass, I'm glad that a bomber doesn't fit in it, so I have a little more left. Do I recommend it? Of course, but it may be a little hard to find. Worth the effort, though.

Stone 7th Anniversary Ale from Stone Brewing