Levitation Ale | Stone Brewing

1.08/5  rDev -72.2%

1.16/5  rDev -70.1%

1.2/5  rDev -69.1%

1.41/5  rDev -63.7%

This beer pours a bubbly, clear, auburn color with thick, tan foam. The aroma is mainly pine with a hint of fruit followed by a very bitter, acidic flavor. It has a very thin almost watery mouthfeel. Stone Levitation Ale is not an easy beer to drink. NOT recommended!

1.75/5  rDev -54.9%

Smells like bad cooked vegetables and maybe grass. Strongest smelling beer I have smelled so far.

Tastes initially like pin. Finishes very dry, bread-like, and bitter.

2.09/5  rDev -46.1%

Amber colored beer with a rapidly fading head.Aroma is floral hops.Taste is pine and grapefruit.This taste like a mix of a beer and a pine cleaner.This is not something I would recommend or purchase again.Ahhh nothing like the taste of PineSol early in the morning.

2.12/5  rDev -45.4%

From notes:

Pours a deep, dark ruby/chestnut brown color with dark golden orange hues when held to a light source and a 1.5 finger frothy off white head. Decent retention slowly fading into a lasting ring that leaves a spot or two of lacing on it's way.

Very bland aroma which is very surprising for a Stone beer. Slight earthy hops with hints of pine needle as well as some hazelnut and caramel malt.

Buteer earthy, piny hops up front that linger throughout without much balance into a tongue assaulting dry finish. The malt presence is minimal as best and their is an odd spicy character that makes this beer pretty bad in my opinion. One dimensional with a bone dry finish. I usually like everything Stone makes but this was a wreck.

2.25/5  rDev -42%

2.25/5  rDev -42%

2.37/5  rDev -38.9%
look: 2.75 | smell: 2 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 2.5

2.38/5  rDev -38.7%

A- Very dark but clear beer, dark brown amber tones. large tanish head with sticky loose lacing. Large bubbles, and a spotted surface. Very dark and very clear, almost no visible activity whatsoever inside I see. Looks more than a little bit like juice.

S- Strong hops aromas, but blended with sweet barley malt sugars. Sweet grapefruit and pine, big nosed brew. Bright and uplifting scents. Lots of Stone trademark hops aromas.

T- Geez, is this for real? This brew is all over the damn place. Starts dry and grainy, moves to stale fruits from the hops and finishes slighty sour, dry and bitter. I ask again, is this for real? If so this is the absolute worst Amber beer I've ever had. The hops taste strange and overly metallic, the whole palette is dry and not what I expected at all from the nose. And the strange mishmash of bad, unlike tastes and contrasts. Blech!

I hated the taste of this, me and this brew just clash. Not good at all to me.

M- Light and a little billowy with the light but discernible carbonation. Make my cheeks puff slightly with carbonation, a bit much. Not burning on the palette, just a tad too lively. Still smooth and with great flow.

D- Very poor. I don't know, I hated the taste of this. I don't want to drink this again.

2.38/5  rDev -38.7%

A: Translucent, glowing amber with a modest tan head and good lacing.

S: Pine from the hops with some peppery spice, almost as if there were rye in this, though I know there isn't. Interesting hoppy aroma, especially for such a mild and low-ABV beer.

T/M: Kind of strange, honestly. The hop flavor is surprisingly big, with lots of bitter pine, but there's a weird, unpleasant aftertaste to it, a little soapy and somehow *off*. Hard to put my finger on just why this doesn't work, it might be that these big flavors are paired with a thin, watery mouthfeel that just doesn't support them. The result is very odd, and the hop flavors have a strange, unpalatable tinge to them.

O: This beer gets worse the more you get into it. It looks great, smells pretty good, tastes weird, and goes down like water. Very disappointing. I get that Stone was trying something different by making a light, low-ABV "session" brew loaded up with hops, but it just doesn't work that well, and it's certainly impossible to imagine drinking a lot of these in a session.

2.39/5  rDev -38.4%

The carbonation hurt my tongue. is that possible... I dont know... the carbonation hurt it hurts on the back of the throat. this is a painful beer from the same silly bastard clowns
looks good smells ok. the taste is way too spicy for how light mouthfeel and alchohol is has. stay away from this beer.

2.42/5  rDev -37.6%
look: 4.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

A: Great looking beer! Pours a nice deep hazy copper with some sentiment present, and a nice frothy off white head. Significant lacing on the glass. Looks like a nice strong iced tea with a fluffy head.

S: Smell is light overall. A little bit of malt and a fair bit of sweetness - almost sugary. I get a smell like a weak, sweetened iced tea.

T: much stronger than the smell, with more hop presence than expected from the nose. Starts out mild and a bit malt-esque, then the hops hit, which linger a bit throughout the sip and into the finish. I get that sweetened tea in the finish as well - it reminds me a bit of sweet tea flavored vodka, but with a hop bite instead of an alcohol bite.

M: Thin given the deep color, overall I'd say on the heavy side of thin, if that makes sense.

O: Dissappointing, overall. I wanted to like this, given the look and low ABV, but it just doesn't deliver. Has that strange bitter hop/sweet taste I just can't get into. Not a drain pour, but I won't be buying or drinking this again soon. More interesting then a macro light lager, but at 3x the price and the same ABV, I'll take a Bud Light.

2.5/5  rDev -35.6%