Stone RuinTen Triple IPA | Stone Brewing

Stone RuinTen Triple IPAStone RuinTen Triple IPA

Stone Brewing
stonebrewing.com

Style: American Double / Imperial IPA

We first released this decidedly indelicate beer in 2012, as Stone Ruination Tenth Anniversary IPA, to celebrate the 10th anniversary of our belovedly bitter Stone Ruination IPA. Stone RuinTen IPA uses the same recklessly hoppy recipe as the 2012 release; only the name has changed, as we plan to unleash this belligerently delicious hop monster upon the public annually from now on. We packed a whopping five pounds of hops into each barrel, and cranked up the ABV to stand up to the hop onslaught. The results are glorious, and we know you'll rejoice in tasting this audacious gem of hoppy splendor once again. You're welcome.

Added by ehammond1 on 06-14-2012

3.75/5  rDev -12.8%

3.75/5  rDev -12.8%

4.1/5  rDev -4.7%

4.52/5  rDev +5.1%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.5

This is right along with the 7.4.14 I drank the same day. I almost wonder if they are not one and the same with a slight modification or just different bottling. A lot going on with this beer and super hoppy. Not outside of Stone's comfort zone. I am a fan. If I catch this on sale somewhere I will probably pick it up again before it goes away for next year. But, on the upside if my comparison holds, the next Enjoy by shouldn't be too far off.

Appearance: Bronze with not a lot of head, settled well and had a nice clarity to it.

Smell: Damn, this beer smells good, Stone really has the nose down when it comes to IPA's. Floral, grapefruit, mango, some pine, maybe a bit of pineapple. Its tropical and it makes sense they released this in the heat of summer.

Taste: Right along the same profile as the aroma. Bitter, but not too powerful, which is what Stone does, they take you right to the edge but then they balance it out. I had a friend taste this beer who is not an IPA person and they were pleasantly surprised at how well balanced this beer was considering it was a DIPA.

Overall: Another great beer from Stone. I am sold. I am a fan and I will continue to buy their beers. They make the best readily available IPA's on the market and until I try a Pliny or Heady, I cannot say they make the best out there period.

Stone RuinTen Triple IPA from Stone Brewing