Stone RuinTen Triple IPA | Stone Brewing

Stone RuinTen Triple IPAStone RuinTen Triple IPA

Stone Brewing
stonebrewing.com

Style: American Double / Imperial IPA

We first released this decidedly indelicate beer in 2012, as Stone Ruination Tenth Anniversary IPA, to celebrate the 10th anniversary of our belovedly bitter Stone Ruination IPA. Stone RuinTen IPA uses the same recklessly hoppy recipe as the 2012 release; only the name has changed, as we plan to unleash this belligerently delicious hop monster upon the public annually from now on. We packed a whopping five pounds of hops into each barrel, and cranked up the ABV to stand up to the hop onslaught. The results are glorious, and we know you'll rejoice in tasting this audacious gem of hoppy splendor once again. You're welcome.

Added by ehammond1 on 06-14-2012

#515

Ratings: 5,841 |  Reviews: 907

Wow. Just wow. If your an IPA lover, and an DIPA lover, then you will love this beer. Out of a 2013 bottle that was shipped to me from a friend in San Diego. Poured into a tulip glass. Every single aspect of this beer is beautiful. Honestly if this beer was a chick I would marry her. If I had to choose one beer to drink the rest of my life it would be this one. The hops are so strong and the alcohol is so hidden yet I swear you feel buzzed after 3 drinks... This beer is excellent. The aftertaste is wonderful, like a sugary, hoppy, sweet, bitter taste which lingers forever.

The thing with this beer is to try and describe something wrong with it.. And I can't. Alcohol is hidden perfectly yet you can feel the warming but it's so pleasing. The bitterness is a lot sure but it fits in with the orange, citrus, grapefruit flavors perfect. Let's just say I feel like my life will be fulfilled the day I have this on draft.

4.39/5  rDev +2.1%

Served on tap in a 10oz. snifter.

A-Pours a deep copper, good clarity, small white head.

S- Big tropical notes of mango and pineapple, citrus, big dank pine. Light alcohol notes as it warmed. All the aromas are at level 10.

T- Similar to aroma, with a big long bitterness, notes of mango and pineapple and dank pine. Alcohol as it warm but not at any level to make it harsh.

M- On the heavy side of medium, pretty drinkable for such a full flavored high abv beer.

O- Really like this beer. Supposedly has 50/50 Citra and Centennial but I have to say the Citra really seems to steal the show, not that I'm complaining. A really big beer that is also surprisingly smooth to me. This beer is right up there with some of the most aromatic IPAs that I've had.

4.25/5  rDev -1.2%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.25

3.5/5  rDev -18.6%