Stone RuinTen Triple IPA | Stone Brewing

Stone RuinTen Triple IPAStone RuinTen Triple IPA

Stone Brewing
stonebrewing.com

Style: American Double / Imperial IPA

We first released this decidedly indelicate beer in 2012, as Stone Ruination Tenth Anniversary IPA, to celebrate the 10th anniversary of our belovedly bitter Stone Ruination IPA. Stone RuinTen IPA uses the same recklessly hoppy recipe as the 2012 release; only the name has changed, as we plan to unleash this belligerently delicious hop monster upon the public annually from now on. We packed a whopping five pounds of hops into each barrel, and cranked up the ABV to stand up to the hop onslaught. The results are glorious, and we know you'll rejoice in tasting this audacious gem of hoppy splendor once again. You're welcome.

Added by ehammond1 on 06-14-2012

4.3

Ratings: 5,826 |  Reviews: 905

3.75/5  rDev -12.8%

3.5/5  rDev -18.6%

4.56/5  rDev +6%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

A - Yellow-orange, pretty cloudy. I could care less about appearance, so unless it's really beautiful or really ugly, it will get the average of the other ratings. Who drinks a beer for appearance anyway?

S - Citrus, pine, some spice. Basically Stone IPA and a half.

T - Hops and alcohol. Citrusy, piney, spicey hops cut through, but due to the high ABV, the malt is heavier than Ruination, and while I feel the malt profile of Ruination is a little light, I get that alcohol flavor that I often detect in 10% ABV beers, and thus I think Ruination tastes a little better.

M - Alcohol and hops. I think the higher ABV makes it harder for the hops to cut through.

O - Stone Ruination is one of my favorite beers. This is similar, but I feel the high ABV slightly compromises the taste.

3.5/5  rDev -18.6%