Enjoy By IPA

Gots
SCORE
World-Class
Enjoy By IPAEnjoy By IPA
Notes: Listing for all Stone Enjoy By xx.xx.xx IPA beers.

Reviews: 1,597 | Ratings: 11,188 | Log in to view all ratings and sort
RonaldTheriot from Louisiana

4.84/5  rDev +9%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 5 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

Enjoy By 7/04/21 has a very thick, off-white head, a hazy, orange appearance, filled with tan sediment, and moderate lacing. The aroma is of meaty hops and light malt. The flavor is of bitter, white bread crust, and fruit. Enjoy By 7/04/21 has a high-medium body and a somewhat viscous mouthfeel. The drinker will find a dry finish.

RJT

Jul 10, 2021
Sigmund from Norway

4.19/5  rDev -5.6%
look: 4 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4

Stone Enjoy By 10-31-15, on tap in Ernie´s Tin Bar, Petaluma, in October. An excellent double IPA, brimming with luscious and fresh hop aromas and flavours, intense but not too extreme.

Mar 23, 2021
frankdank from North Dakota

4.08/5  rDev -8.1%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4

Enjoying 1/1/21 version on 2/3/21. Unfiltered, but I would not have known except it was labeled as such. Smell is of orange, mango and banana bread. Taste and mouthfeel: Follows smell, citrus up front, creamy in the middle, with strong bitterness at end. But this is Stone. I've had better Enjoy Bys but the state of my tongue is always changing. Maybe I've had more good DIPAs since the first sampling of this beer.

Another DIPA (looking at you Hopslam) which appear regularly, but like an aging actor who has not realized younger and more sought-after options are grabbing the prime spots, refuses to lower prices. More people are passing. I saved $7 on this sixer by waiting two weeks after the Enjoy By date before picking it up. It was no worse, but not any better, either. And I doubt it was because I purchased it after 1/1/21.

Feb 06, 2021
harrypowers from Massachusetts

4.1/5  rDev -7.7%

Reviewing Enjoy By 01.01.21.

Putting all of this series in a single is a bit unfair because each is unique and some are better than others.

Pours a translucent orange with a small short lived head.

Smells of malt and piney hops. Tastes of malt and hops in good balance. As the glass warms light citrus and floral tastes come out. Finish is slightly bitter with some alcohol warmth.

Medium body with light carbonation.

I have had several earlier editions of this series and my recollections are they all were more adventuresome and unique than this one. It's not bad at all. It's a well made straight forward mild mannered strong IPA.

Jan 21, 2021
IBU_Hunter from California

Tasted the Enjoy By 1-1-2021 sometime in Dec 2020.
*Looks: light golden colored, clean, good 1-1.5 finger head.
*Aroma: The Best aromas of any other IPAs in the world: tropical, citrus, floral, hoppy, piny.
*Taste: Superb! Complex! Tropical, Dry with good balance, Hoppy with good balance, Alcohol is so well hidden at 9.4%!!!
*Finish: decent crisp, hoppy bite but not overwhelming. The finish keeps you wanting more!
**Final Verdict**:
This in my view is THE BEST DOUBLE IPA ON THIS PLANET and Stone’s Best Creation. Best smelling IPA. Best tasting IPA with balanced hops with just the right bite!!! Supremely crafted, this beer should be declared a National Treasure.

Dec 29, 2020
UWDAWG from Washington

3.74/5  rDev -15.8%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

Enjoy By 10-31-2020 IPA:

Poured from a 22 ounce bottle on 10-31-20 into a IPA glass.

Look- Pale amber, clear, frothy white head, above average head retention and lacing.

Smell- Citrus, bready, resin.

Taste- Bready, citrus, resin, herbal.

Feel- Between thin and medium body, high bitterness, mouth warming, creamy, astringent lingering finish, average carbonation.

Overall- Fair West Coast IPA, hides the 9.4% abv well.

Nov 03, 2020
damndirtyape from Ohio

4.48/5  rDev +0.9%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.5

12oz can, enjoy by 10/31/20, with the upsidedown gargoyle pumpkin/jack-o-lantern logo. Packaged RVA 09/19/20 09:37. Served in a tulip glass.

Appearance: Clear gold-light amber with a tiny bit of chill haze that dissipated. Huge off-white rocky head that slowly died back to a thin skin across the stop. Plenty of fine islands and strands of lacing.

Smell: Pine, fresh cut citrus, tropical fruit, maybe some grape and peach, and just a hint of solvent. A lot going on.

Taste: Nicely hoppy, lots of citrus, pine, tropical fruit, some peach and pineapple, bready malt for balance, and a sharp bitter finish with pine and grapefruit.

Mouthfeel: Good carbonation, very smooth and approaching creamy thickness. Sticky on the teeth and some lingering spiciness on the tongue.

Overall / Drinkability: A definite slow sipping and savoring beer, and very nice. I would not mind having a 16oz can of this to enjoy in one sitting. Dangerously drinkable. I can see why people rave about this one. Well done!

Oct 11, 2020
Limazulu from Idaho

4.32/5  rDev -2.7%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.25

A-dark amber cloudy with suspended solids (not exactly hazy)
S-dank orange rind
T-dank orange rind, caramel, above average bitterness, some booziness as expected at 9.4% ABV. People talk about grapefruit flavor in the reviews but I'm not picking that up. If you want grapefruit, grab a Sculpin
M-Medium (+) body, above average carbonation, very very resinous
O-well done hop forrward DIPA

Jul 01, 2020
just1cho from California

3.69/5  rDev -16.9%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 3 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 3.5

*Enjoy By: 7.04.20 Unfiltered*

*Poured into a Teku glass from a 12oz can*

The look on this was a clear orange with a nice fluffy two-finger white colored head with a high retention. Not a whole lot to say here other than that it looks attractive and refreshing.

The aroma on this was predictably hop-forward, presenting a nice balance between aromas of tropical fruits and citrus. In the front-end I got notes of grapefruit and oranges which then subsided a bit towards the middle and end to showcase notes of mangoes and pineapples.

To be honest, the taste on this was pretty boring. I really only found notes of bitter grapefruit throughout the entirety of the beer. This tasted pretty decent, but I wished that the taste would have followed the hoppiness that I got from the nose. Instead, I got a one-note grapefruit tasting IPA which made this beer pretty average for me.

Like other IPAs I found this to be pretty quaff-able, especially for the 9.4% ABV. Some people might be turned off by the lingering bitterness of this, but I didn't mind it. With this being medium-bodied and with high carbonation, this beer presented a nice refreshing, crisp, and grapefruit-y experience.

Overall, the aroma on this was spectacular, but the taste on this was pretty one note and boring. I wished there was more complexity to this on the taste, but all I got was citrus-y bitter grapefruit. I probably won't buy this again, but it wasn't bad, just average tasting for me.

Jun 25, 2020
titty_mcbitty from Tennessee

4.71/5  rDev +6.1%
look: 5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

Enjoy by 7.4.20

A: Pours a fairly clear golden/orange/copper with a gorgeous fluffy tall head. Beautiful-looking beer.

S: Orange peel, lemon zest, floral hops.

T: Follows the nose closely - orange peel, lemon zest, floral hops. Also apple skins and grapefruit. Very floral and bitter yet smooth. Alcohol is VERY well-hidden.

M: Medium bodied. Good amount of carb bite. Finishes with grapefruit/hop bitterness.

O: This has never disappointed me year by year -- it's just expertly made. It drinks like a 7-7.5% abv IPA. It's very smooth and brings ripe tropical fruit flavors along with a floral hop bite. Very very well-done.

Jun 18, 2020
Saint_Christopher from Pennsylvania

2.9/5  rDev -34.7%

Do I have some bad cans? Because the IPA (enjoy by 7.4.20) I have in front of me on 6.10.20 is very clear (i.e. FILTERED). It is also bitter beyond my expectations and not very aromatic. Fruit?? Not present. If I had this and an Arrogant Bastard that I used to drink at the turn of the century, in front of me in a blind taste test, I could not tell them apart. This is not what I expect from STONE. Tastes like a standard IPA made with cost cutting hops. The color is fine, but nothing else is. I gave the color a 3 because its... clear - not what was expected. Otherwise, it's a lovely shade of medium-dark amber. No malt backbone that I can discern to account for the 9.4 ABV... (so maybe that's a distinction between a double/triple IPA and an imperial IPA ?) Hate to wreck the averages (but 98 is overblown anyway)

Jun 10, 2020
kimcgolf from Georgia

4.51/5  rDev +1.6%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.5

Pours to a nice hazy golden orange color with white head and lacing that last thru mid-late glass. Nose was very hoopy grapefuit-mango citrus that carries well into the taste. Mouthfeel was some of the best I've had....very full bodied andf creamy with a long lingering and very pleasant after taste. A very good IPA which to me is in league with some of the other greats and why most of the IPAs I rate are in the range of 3.5-4.0.

Jun 09, 2020
NateGoyette from California

4.55/5  rDev +2.5%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.5

Enjoy by 7.4.20

Much more fruit up front than the previous Enjoy By offerings. Mango and grapefruit really come through. Taste follows the nose, this one is unfiltered and it’s more fruit and less hop balance. At 9.4% there’s definitely alcohol warmth on the swallow, but it’s not unpleasant. Extremely good beer, better than the 4.20.20 imo

Jun 08, 2020
osheamatth from New York

4.28/5  rDev -3.6%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.25

golden colored small head and good cling. Lots of piney hops on the nose. Lots of resin meets citrus fruits on the palate. Some pleasant dank to this beer and that’s apparent in the malt. Very luscious in the mouthfeel almost like a cream ale meeting an IPA.
Really good offering from a good brewer.

Jun 01, 2020
colts9016 from Idaho

4.27/5  rDev -3.8%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

Review #1405

I was digging through my reviews and realized that I have have not reviewed this beer. I know I have drunk several enjoy by, sometimes not by the date on the can. I saw this at my local purveyor and purchased it. This beer says enjoy by 4/20, I wonder if it has some other connotation. I wonder if this beer will have dank characters. This my second Stone beer within the last week. Time for the review.

The beer is 44 degrees and served in a pint glass. When I opened up the can, an immense dank aroma emitted. The head created in the glass from the pour is a two-fingers thick. The color of the beer is bright white. The foam of the beer is creamy and airy. The retention of beer is excellent. The head left some lacing on the glass. The color of the beer is SRM 5, pale yellow with amber hues.

The initial aromas in the beer are dank, musty, pine, and grapefruit. Nosing deeper I smell toasted crackers, bread, oranges, lemons, floral esters, bay leaves, earthiness, a subtle honey note, and a touch of pine.

The flavors in the beer are grapefruit, mandarin oranges, orange peel, lemons, pine, bay leaves, earthiness, honey, dankness, musty, bready, toasted malts, floral esters, and resin. I was surprised by the strong alcohol content.

The mouthfeel of the beer is creamy and astringent.

The body of the beer is medium, medium-low, and medium-plus finish.

This beer has a lot of dank, similar to the green herb. The beer has a bright hop profile. The hops in the beer are harmonious. The malt is firm and holds up well. The beer does have a malty sweetness from the malts. This beer is packing a wallop with a high ABV. I thought that the malts were sweet, thus an indication of alcohol. It was a run of the mill type IPA, nothing special. The beer is about average.

May 05, 2020
Singlefinpin from North Carolina

4.15/5  rDev -6.5%

Drinking this at home on 4/20/2020 Happy Holiday!
Poured from a can with a date of packaged on 3/24/20, fresh!
Appears clear amber with a nice foamy head that lasted.
Smells piney, citrusy, grapefruit.
Taste follows the nose. Definitely hop forward. This is a double IPA and not really boozy at all.
Mouth feel is medium for the style.
Overall, I would definitely drink this tasty hop bomb again, and you should too, before it all goes up in smoke....

robwired from Kansas

4.31/5  rDev -2.9%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

Enjoy by 4/20 12-ounce can poured into an IPA glass.
Poured a decent foam head, like, two or three fingers. Good lacing too. Piney and highly hoppy at 90 IBU. Coulda, woulda, shoulda been more danky, but I'm happy with the IBUs and 9.4% ABV. As a beer explorer, I don't usually buy six-packs. I buy singles. But I wish I had bought a second one of these. Good stuff. Then again, Stone does deliver on its IPAs from reliable to recommendable, like this one.

Hooded from Texas

4.23/5  rDev -4.7%
look: 4.25 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

This is the Enjoy By 4/30/2020 batch.
Notes from 4/18/2020.
Poured from a 12oz can into a Rastal nucleated Teku glass.
The body is light amber with almost 2 fingers of white head. Retention is above average leaving a nice cap. 4.25
The aroma is medium-low in strength and of peach, mango, grapefruit, and bright hops. A stronger aroma would be a big improvement. 3.75
The taste is medium-high in strength and follows the nose with a long lasting strong green hop bitter finish. There's nothing like a fresh DIPA. 4.5
The feel is medium in thickness, creamy, slightly syrupy, and is dank with a slight astringency. 4.25
Overall, it's a great beer especially during a pandemic with stay at home orders or when you cannot get a fresh DIPA from your local brewery because of the Great American Crowler Shortage. 4.25

hophead723 from California

4.29/5  rDev -3.4%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

This is the 4/20/20 edition, the most 4/20-ish offering possible so I jumped at the last six-pack on the shelf. I had to stand in line for 38 minutes to get into the grocery store for this. Brewed 3/24/20.

Look: Classic amber body, flurries of carbonation majestically swirl to the thick and lingering head that is the color of white sand. The body is perfectly clear and the lasting head drags solid lacing down the glass.

Aroma: Guava hits the nose at the same time as a wall of pepper and pine, both competing for the spotlight. Underneath I detect caramel and bubblegum, light and tantalizing to the senses. The aroma-carrying head lasts throughout the entire glass, delivering the aromatic properties upon each sip.

Taste/Feel: Delicious hoppy flavors of guava, pine, black pepper, and light pineapple upfront with a zesty bitterness that tickles the tongue and is perfectly complemented by the caramel and cracker malt profile. As it warms, more floral notes become evident as well as the citrusy flavor of orange peel. The floral nature has an amazing and unique note of lavender that I have never experienced in a beer before. The medium body finishes clean and dry, with support from the ample carbonation giving an overall impression of lightness. It's quite rich but with the scrub from the bitterness and the carbonation working together excellent drinkability is achieved. The alcohol is well-hidden as well. A pleasant sensation of warmth spreads through my body as I gleefully gulp my way through this awesome offering.

Overall: This was very enjoyable. It is very drinkable and pleasant, with an excellent hop and malt profile. Masterfully brewed. I love how it pays homage to 4/20 as well, seeing as I am a passionate cannabis expert. I'm glad I snagged this one, it was meant to be.

Apr 16, 2020
PMakowski from New Hampshire

4.45/5  rDev +0.2%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

Enjoy by 4/20
12 Oz Can poured into glass
Look - Light golden color, very thick foam head slow to fade with lots of lacing.
Smell - Fresh, dank and fruity. Juicy and tropical. Fruity pebbles. Exceptional.
Taste - herbal, pine tree and grassy. Pineapple rind but not as much tropical as on the nose. Still dank (4/20?). Alcohol present in the finish but i wouldn't say its too boozy. For the ABV, quite drinkable, not hard to put a few down. Carbonation is medium-light. Excellent balance because it is very hoppy but a strong sugar cube malt that all DIPA's seem to have. Bitterness lingers. No IBU listing on can, would guess maybe 85.

Overall, was it worth the price of 17 dollars for a six pack? Yes if you like an excellent DIPA. It really hits the spot flavor wise. There are better options but this is right up there with the best of the shelf IPA's. Grade is an A

Apr 14, 2020
kookajamo from Delaware

4.39/5  rDev -1.1%
look: 4 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

Enjoy By, despite its high price tag, is worth every penny. This one being reviewed is the 4.20.20 batch.

A thick, luscious hop bomb with barely any noticeable alcohol in the taste except from the warming. Very piney but still juicy and of course incredibly dank. Wish the nose on this batch was more pronounced but that's the only negative I can find. Delicious as always.

Apr 11, 2020
paltemose2303

4.38/5  rDev -1.4%
look: 4.75 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

12 oz Enjoy By 4.20.20 in a traditional Pint Glass

L: Crystal clear and light amber color. Short head that doesn't stick around. Laces the glass real well.

S: Piney and resiny with some light floral and earthy smells. There is some sweetness, which is probably the peach from the beer's description, but I found that pretty hard to pick up. Aroma wasn't too strong. I could've used a little more.

T: Such a well balanced west coast IPA. Super crisp. First thing I tasted was a subtle malty sweet followed by some fairly aggressive hops. Most of the hops came through in piney resin, but there was some peachy fruity flavors too. Bitterness on the finish isn't overpowering, and the taste sticks around in your mouth kinda like a pine cone is stuck in your teeth, but in the best way possible!

F: Really crisp and doesn't have much residual stickiness on your teeth like some IPAs. Carbonation was pretty low with a drier finish.

Great beer! This was my first Enjoy By series beer and I wasn't disappointed!

Apr 11, 2020
Freonicus from Tennessee

4.44/5  rDev 0%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.5

Very good. Probably Stone's best effort. Alcohol well hidden in a piney hoptastic bliss. Spectacular lacing. Bought a 6 pack o cans from total poured into a standard pint glass. 4 and done.

Apr 08, 2020
TooManyGlasses from Canada (AB)

4.61/5  rDev +3.8%
look: 4.25 | smell: 5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

Smuggled back two cans from San Diego to Canada - Trader Joe’s selling singles. Amazing DIPA pours a hazy golden colour with one finger whitish head. The aroma is a hoppy pine with tropical fruit, orange rind. Taste sweet caramel malt, orange, grapefruit, peach, finishing with smooth piney bitterness. Mouthfeel smooth, astringent, slightly boozy. Absolutely great!!!

Dec 31, 2019
Bluerabbitbell from Pennsylvania

4.31/5  rDev -2.9%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

1-1-20 version
On tap at Pies and Pints in Morgantown WV. On our trip to Harrisburg for Christmas. Color isn't as hazy as expected. Deep beautiful gold. Smell is very noticeable and fruity. Very smooth, almost silky mouthfeel. Very good!

Dec 26, 2019