Enjoy By IPA | Stone Brewing

Enjoy By IPAEnjoy By IPA
Enjoy By IPAEnjoy By IPA

Stone Brewing

Style: American Double / Imperial IPA

Listing for all Stone Enjoy By xx.xx.xx IPA beers.

Added by nrs207 on 08-21-2012

Ratings: 10,913 |  Reviews: 1,519

Enjoy By 10.31.14 Poured into a cognac snifter. It pours a rich darker orange color that is fairly clear. There is very little head on an agressive pour and it dissipated by the time I got my computer booted.

Immediately there is a large amount of grapefruit on the nose. A great deal of ascerbic/citrusy scent comes up after that. I only can tell the faintest amount of alcohol which is quite impressive with a 9.4%. I would describe the smell as delicate compared to other DIPAs I have had.

The taste is just wonderful. It is supremely balanced and very easy drinking despite its high ABV and what I would imagine is a high IBU count. It's like drinking sweetened grapefruit juice with almost no sense of the alcohol. As it warms up it only gets better, and its one of the few DIPAs I have had that taste great both warm and fresh out of the refrigerator.

The mouthfeel is a prolonged sense of grapefruit on the back of the mouth. It is very pleasent. Usually my issue with DIPAs is that they can be very bitter on the way out, but this mouthfeel is like after drinking orange Gatorade: smooth and completely pleasurable.

This is ranks up with the best DIPA's I have ever had. This is my second bottle, and I plan to get another couple if I can find them in the next week. The price is also quite reasonable, and for an ale that I would probably take over Permanent Funeral. It is well worth the price. This beer could not be made any better.

not a big fan of giving out 5's but this beer is absolutely awesome