Stone Enjoy By IPA | Stone Brewing

Stone Enjoy By IPAStone Enjoy By IPA

Stone Brewing
stonebrewing.com

Style: American Double / Imperial IPA

Listing for all Stone Enjoy By xx.xx.xx IPA beers.

Added by nrs207 on 08-21-2012

4.4

Ratings: 10,736 |  Reviews: 1,489

look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

Reviewing Enjoy By 4/20/14. Poured from a bomber into a snifter. Dark golden orange sun kissed copper, an even cloudiness keeps it from being completely transparent. As it warms, it clears. White head, fades fast, little to no lacing.

Pine tar on the nose mixing with fresh citrus and a touch of sweet tropics fill the nose.

First sip...medium carbonation...an extremely creamy mouthfeel but watery too? Peaches up front mix with the sweetness of honey. Rounds out with some caramel and green pine and a quick bitter finish. A warm alcohol lingers on the throat...white pepper on the tongue.

I'm a big fan of double IPAs (my favorite style) and was really looking forward to this beer...my first Enjoy By. I've read the reviews and comments in the forums...and must say I'm disappointed. I've let it warm and sipped it slow but something is off? It's not much older than a week, so freshness isn't the problem. Seems a little to watery for a double, a little lighter in color than I'm use too...those things I can live with but there is an "off" flavor that I'm not familiar with...charcoal? Maybe I just don't like "dank"? I guess my expectations were so high I'm trying to find excuses why I think this is only good and not great...it is what it is...for me...good but not great.

Im so surprised at my review's outcome I will try one more Enjoy By in the future and comment further.

3.75/5  rDev -14.8%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.75

Stone Enjoy By IPA from Stone Brewing