Stone Enjoy By IPA | Stone Brewing

Stone Enjoy By IPAStone Enjoy By IPA

Stone Brewing
stonebrewing.com

Style: American Double / Imperial IPA

Listing for all Stone Enjoy By xx.xx.xx IPA beers.

Added by nrs207 on 08-21-2012

4.4

Ratings: 10,731 |  Reviews: 1,488

4.39/5  rDev -0.2%
look: 5 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.25

4.4/5  rDev 0%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.25

Quick review

Ap. - Brilliant golden body. Continuous lacing from off white head.

Ar. - Not a whole lot going on in aroma. Classic IPA.

T. - Pineapple juice! Nice grassy hop, and a touch of clean malt.

M. - Would like a touch more carbonation. Otherwise very nice and silky smooth. Slight bitterness backs it up.

O. - I keep telling myself (and others) that I'm not a hop head. This is scary. I'm a big fan.

4.75/5  rDev +8%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

Enjoy by 10.25.15 is another exceptional beer from Stone! Stone continues to consistently put out great beers and I am looking forward to their opening their new brewery in Richmond, VA.

4.46/5  rDev +1.4%

I just want to say I have been waiting quite a while to try this mother of an IPA. I need to make clear how awesome it is. I'm trying it at the end of its freshness and its just so smooth and crisp. I love this up a and all it stands for. It is right up there with Stones Ruination IPA. They have not disappointed:)

3.56/5  rDev -19.1%
look: 4.25 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3 | overall: 3.5

Enjoy By 11.12.13
Appearance:
The beer pours a decent and creamy white head. The beer itself a clear orange honey color but that is slightly foggy but that may be because of the glass.

Smell:
The smell has several types of hopes. One of them appears to be floral and another appears to be closer to a grapefruit smell. The sweet malts also make an appearance. Additionally, there also appears to be a bit of fresh grass smell as well.

Taste:
Very bitter hops dominate the taste palate and finish. Additionally, there also bits of alcohol that makes its way through. The malt makes a slight appearance but the hops are so bitter that it's hard to make it out.

Mouthfeel:
Very thick and heavy bodied. The finish feels heavy and lasts a bit that does not give it a very good feel.

Overall:
An okay DIPA under some circumstances but does not really do anything for me. Maybe I'll have to drink one of these earlier than the expiration date. Some people might like the Enjoy be a certain date DIPA gimmick but I'm not one of them.

3.75/5  rDev -14.8%

3.72/5  rDev -15.5%
look: 3 | smell: 4 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 3.25

A: Copper brown tone, clear filtered, a little large bubbled carbonation, a finger of creamy off white head that fades relatively fast.

S: Tropical fruits, mango, passion fruit, light cleaning alcohol, tea leaves, a hint of malt an offal.

T: Fruity in a tropical fruit concoction sort of way, citrus, floral perfume like purple lilac, wild grape, clean linen, light almost tea like bitterness on the end. Really covers the alcohol and is light in its feel.

M: Medium body with lots of light foamy carbonation, leaving a slightly powdery resinous finish.

O: Bought this today at Trader Joe’s near Williamsburg, VA. Drank tonight near Raleigh, NC. Certainly fresh. Not the best double IPA I’ve had, but good in it's mouth feel, very much hiding the alcohol. Good and fresh, and unique carbonation for this style.

3.51/5  rDev -20.2%
look: 4.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3 | overall: 3.5

Draft into a pint glass at Monkey Paw Pub and Brewery on Aug. 26, 2012 (for $???) in San Diego, Calif. Poured a hazy orange, caramel and honey with white, creamy lacing. Great retention all around.

Smelled butter, light citrus hops (orange, tangerine), caramel, toffee and butterscotch.

Tasted lemon, grass, grain, wheat, butterscotch, butter and caramel. Very bitter!

Light-to-medium body. Creamy texture. Average-to-above average carbonation. Long, bitter finish.

After rating this, I think I had to have either received a different beer or a tainted one. Will give it another go.

4.3/5  rDev -2.3%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.25

Enjoy by 14-February-2014
Enjoyed on 30-January-2014

Pours a clear copper with a finger of white head that retained well. The nose has good hoppiness and a touch of citrus. There was a blast of hop bitterness upfront followed by an interesting blend of malt and hops. This baby is plenty bitter. The finish has a touch of alcohol bite that does not go well with the remainder of the tasting experience. The mouthfeel is a touch thinner than top shelf DIPAs.

This offering is quite good, but I am not convinced that it lives up to the hype. I am certainly interested enough to try another batch if I can get my hands on one. I drank this bottle at cellar temperature; I think that next time I will briefly chill it before enjoying it.

2nd Sampling
Enjoy by 04-July-2014
Enjoyed on 15-June-2014

This second sampling proved to have a stronger citrus flavor which was accompanied by a notable spiciness. Also, the alcohol was much better in check this time. All around - a tastier iteration than the first.

3rd Sampling
Enjoy by 31-October-2015
Enjoyed on 18-October-2015

My third iteration of this classic was not as bitter as the first two (by my best recollection). Also, the citrus notes were reduced while the earthy notes accentuated this time around.

4th Sampling
Enjoy by 20-April-2017
Enjoyed on 26-March-2017

It's been about a year and a half since I sampled this gem. The bottle for this iteration states that it is "devastatingly dank" (of course). I got some dankness but this is by no means the dankest DIPA that I have ever enjoyed. However, it remains superb as an all-around offering.

5th Sampling
Enjoy by 29-05-2017
Enjoyed on 13-05-2017

This sample might have been the hoppiest so far. Total pine forest flavorwise.

4.26/5  rDev -3.2%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.25

4.28/5  rDev -2.7%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.25

4.25/5  rDev -3.4%

This is my review for the Enjoy By 12 21 12, on draught.

This beer is my favorite of the moment. Tremendously tasty.

This pours a warm glowing-amber golden in color with thin foam & lacing that lingers around for the long haul. Great aroma, full of orange citrus and marmalade, some tangerine, a bit of pine. It’s pleasing & hoppy, big & vibrant, fresh smelling and full of gobs of hops.

Tastes amazing—the flavor is layers of hop heaven with a bitter bite at the end of each sip. There’s pine and citrus and tangerine and orange and grass and an underlying dankness which I just love.

There’s enough of a malt profile to hold up to the hoppy assault with a light toasted biscuit note that emerges as it warms. Holds up as a sipper but its also an easy drinker and hides the ABV well.

Stone Enjoy By IPA from Stone Brewing