Stone Enjoy By IPA | Stone Brewing

Stone Enjoy By IPAStone Enjoy By IPA

Stone Brewing
stonebrewing.com

Style: American Double / Imperial IPA

Listing for all Stone Enjoy By xx.xx.xx IPA beers.

Added by nrs207 on 08-21-2012

#201
4.4

firstprev| 10801-10825 | 10826-10850 | 10851-10875  | next → last
Ratings: 10,861 |  Reviews: 1,517

8/21/2012

Bottle purchased from South Park location after being charged for a piece of glassware I didn't want and wasn't told I was buying. Rad. Snifter.

A: Orange with perfect transparency and two fingers of beige froth that linger for a few minutes, eventually receding in craters, caverns, and chasms. Lots of lacing.

S: Dank marijuana with a dash of onion. Lots of tangerine and orange. Grainy malt lingering beneath with a pretty strong Nelson hop presence, redolent of white grape and gooseberry. Evident honeydew and a little alcohol.

T: Juicy apricot and tangerine with lots of honeydew and cantaloupe. There's a firm Nelson presence with notes of white grape and gooseberry. Bitterness is at a moderate level and devoid of astringency. Alcohol is pretty well hidden. Lots of hop flavor without a lot of bitterness. Light malt influence and a faint sweetness that wards off palate fatigue.

M: Lower medium body with upper medium carbonation. The mouthfeel is sticky and dry.

Overall: This is nice. It's not only good but it also breaks away from the typical Stone house character, which I appreciate. Enjoyable and difficult to fault.

4.55/5  rDev +2.9%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 5 | overall: 4.5

Bomber poured into my DFH pint glass. Small head that recedes over a the period of a minute.

Nice coloration, tinny amber tone. Good carbonation.

Smells like extremely dank hoppy citrusy goodness. I like very much. Let's do this.

Tastes like it smells. Extremely dank hops dominate, with a few citrus notes in the beginning. I can taste that citra and nelson sauvin goodness that seems to dominate the other hop varieties. Lemon zest and orange dominates midway through the taste, and the hops seem to linger in the background, but are very well kept under wraps until the swallow finishes, and then you can taste that dankiness after. As you drink it, the complexity heightens, and that lemony citrusy goodness comes through until you finish it, never really losing any momentum. Awesome.

Mouthfeel is pretty much perfect. Nuff said.

Overall, I thought this would be more of a hop bomb like they advertised, but I certainly wasn't disappointed. Amazing beer by an amazing brewery. The novelty of the whole thing adds a great sexiness to the whole experience. I'm glad I could get more than one bottle of this, and look forward to sharing this with others. Good job, Stone. Keep this stuff coming!

4.92/5  rDev +11.3%

Stone continues it's roll. This innovative release program rewards those who keep it fresh,and move it quick. After all the videos and how too's I finally get my hands on a fresh specimen today. Having enjoyed, very much I may add, the Ruination Anniversary as a youngster, and thought the 16th was OK I really had no idea what I was about to fall into. This pours a pale copper, the cap is dense, white and recedes rather quickly. My first inclination that I'm into something special is when I bring my tulip to my nose. Seriously, the most intensly aromatic nose I have ever enjoyed from Stone. Very Alpine Nelson meets KRBC Citra nose, totally intoxifying. It just gets better as the flavors fall in line with the nose delivering sweet mango, tangerine, lemon, orange and white pepper notes. There is a beautiful bitter blast from the enormous hop bill, just enough malt to keep it all in balance, remember this is totally a west coast variation, so were talking hops, dry and fruity. The mouth is dry, clean and utterly refreshing, there is absolutely no detection of the 9+ abv lurking underneath the entire package. Gains complexity as it warms and never is hot. This would be Stones biggest seller by a land slide if made available year round. If you can find a fresh bottle now do what you have to, it's that good.

4.29/5  rDev -2.9%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.25

3.25/5  rDev -26.5%

4.6/5  rDev +4.1%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.5

Had on tap 5 days old. Not bad for being in New Jersey.

A - Clear and golden in appearance. Huge frothy head, probably because it's the first pour from the keg. The lacing this leaves is fantastic.

S - Mostly pine and citrus. Some tropical fruit. I can definitely smell the Nelson hops they used for dry hopping. No alcohol or malt presence to speak of.

T - Nice level of bitterness. Citrus and pine again dominant in taste. There's a hint of tropical fruit as well. Some peach in there too. Big bitterness on the finish. Supposedly they added all the hops late in the process, but it's definitely still got a lingering bitterness. By the end of my first pour I had a long lingering bitterness. Great stuff. Making my mouth water, which not many IPAs can do at this point. This is truly a delicious IPA.

M - Really smooth. No alcohol presence. Nice level of carbonation, I'd say medium. Goes down really easily.

O - This doesn't disappoint. I wish Stone could've gotten Ruination 10 to me in less than over 2 months, because I can't really compare. This is definitely less malty IMO, with a great hop variety. They're the 2 best beers I've had from Stone. I don't think this can disappoint any hop head. I've had better IPAs, but this is definitely up there.

firstprev| 10801-10825 | 10826-10850 | 10851-10875  | next → last