Enjoy By IPA | Stone Brewing

Enjoy By IPAEnjoy By IPA

Stone Brewing
stonebrewing.com

Style: American Double / Imperial IPA

Listing for all Stone Enjoy By xx.xx.xx IPA beers.

Added by nrs207 on 08-21-2012

#229
4.4

Ratings: 11,002 |  Reviews: 1,536

4.7/5  rDev +6.6%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

Glad I stopped into my bottle shop today and found out about this one. I'm on the final few sips and I hope there is more at my shop tomorrow. I'm not an expert reviewer nor very familiar with DIPA. This is probably my 9th or 10th. I'm not really a big IPA fan...But this DIPA does the trick. Minimal malts, beautiful citrus, floral, and slight tropical fruit from the hops, and a bit of heat coming in but slapped around by the hops. My favorite DIPA and probably Top Five (of 400+) in my young beer drinking career.

Get it while it's fresh! Thanks Stone!

3.75/5  rDev -15%

4.5/5  rDev +2%

Bottle dated 8/17/2012 into a FW tulip.

A: Golden orange with lots of lacing.

S: Lots of pine at the forefront followed by nice fruity and citrus notes Alcohol goes fairly unnoticed.

T: Hops, Hops and more hops. What more would you expect from a DIPA. Following the nose nice juicy fruits also hit your pallet. I also taste a little to slight malt backbone.

M: very easy to drink and very refreshing.

O: What a cool concept by Stone and great execution. This is my favorite Stone offering I have had to date by a landslide. As others have noted this beer reminds me a lot of Nelson. Which is perfectly fine by me as that is a stellar beer. Get this while you can if you can.

4.75/5  rDev +7.7%

spent most of wednesday, 08.22.12, searching for this beer. i live in san diego too! bottle on date: 08.17.12

i want to compare this to pliny for some reason - maybe it's because both beers strive on how close to the bottle date you can get your hands on it - plus they both have green labels gloating that you better not age this behemoth.

it's not as pretty as pliny, but its as inviting of an appearance as the best of ipas.

cold, this ipa smells of a mango and orange marmalade version of a fresh pliny - so far very different. closer to RT, this may be the best smelling ipa of all time - this is coming from the guy that singly-handily consumed 6 ruinations on the sole purpose of smelling each freshly cracked bottle...

the taste isn't stone. they must have contracted this beer out - it cant be a stone beer. if it didn't hit me like a 9.4%, i would drink this all day long - in fact i'd take a vacation day just to do so. a bunch of green and orange tropical fruits come to mind, plus a basket of spring flowers take over - not descriptive enough, well too bad because this is what came to mind.

the mouthfeel is spot on - they filtered it and forced carbonated it so it could be as fresh as possible - plus i think bottle conditioning actually deteriorates the natural hop freshness - either way they naturally artificially carbonated this perfectly just so i can see a bottle on date of 081712 and drink it on 082212.

i'm going to spend most of thursday trying to get my hands on more bottles - seeing how i feel like i exhausted most of the stores that are suppose to carry it. great work mitch steele et al. ...

4.39/5  rDev -0.5%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

- 4oz. pour off tap at Back Bay Tavern (Newport Beach, CA) on 20-Jun-15

Tasted this against Ritual's Art of Dankness and Noble's Wakatu Showers.
This one was definitely the piney-est and grassiest of the three, and in a good, balanced way. Enjoy By's will always be a solid DIPA option, but I actually enjoyed the Wakatu Showers more, which was more citrusy.

4.81/5  rDev +9.1%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.75

Light golden color and you can easily see right through this well filtered beer. Hop aroma is present a good distance from the nose. Hops are strong on the spices - almost fresh cracked pepper and basil - with a small amount of citrus. Some malty sweetness on the backend but certainly not the star. Thank you Stone for enforcing freshness of this hoppy beer.

8/21/2012

Bottle purchased from South Park location after being charged for a piece of glassware I didn't want and wasn't told I was buying. Rad. Snifter.

A: Orange with perfect transparency and two fingers of beige froth that linger for a few minutes, eventually receding in craters, caverns, and chasms. Lots of lacing.

S: Dank marijuana with a dash of onion. Lots of tangerine and orange. Grainy malt lingering beneath with a pretty strong Nelson hop presence, redolent of white grape and gooseberry. Evident honeydew and a little alcohol.

T: Juicy apricot and tangerine with lots of honeydew and cantaloupe. There's a firm Nelson presence with notes of white grape and gooseberry. Bitterness is at a moderate level and devoid of astringency. Alcohol is pretty well hidden. Lots of hop flavor without a lot of bitterness. Light malt influence and a faint sweetness that wards off palate fatigue.

M: Lower medium body with upper medium carbonation. The mouthfeel is sticky and dry.

Overall: This is nice. It's not only good but it also breaks away from the typical Stone house character, which I appreciate. Enjoyable and difficult to fault.

4.55/5  rDev +3.2%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 5 | overall: 4.5

Bomber poured into my DFH pint glass. Small head that recedes over a the period of a minute.

Nice coloration, tinny amber tone. Good carbonation.

Smells like extremely dank hoppy citrusy goodness. I like very much. Let's do this.

Tastes like it smells. Extremely dank hops dominate, with a few citrus notes in the beginning. I can taste that citra and nelson sauvin goodness that seems to dominate the other hop varieties. Lemon zest and orange dominates midway through the taste, and the hops seem to linger in the background, but are very well kept under wraps until the swallow finishes, and then you can taste that dankiness after. As you drink it, the complexity heightens, and that lemony citrusy goodness comes through until you finish it, never really losing any momentum. Awesome.

Mouthfeel is pretty much perfect. Nuff said.

Overall, I thought this would be more of a hop bomb like they advertised, but I certainly wasn't disappointed. Amazing beer by an amazing brewery. The novelty of the whole thing adds a great sexiness to the whole experience. I'm glad I could get more than one bottle of this, and look forward to sharing this with others. Good job, Stone. Keep this stuff coming!

4.92/5  rDev +11.6%

Stone continues it's roll. This innovative release program rewards those who keep it fresh,and move it quick. After all the videos and how too's I finally get my hands on a fresh specimen today. Having enjoyed, very much I may add, the Ruination Anniversary as a youngster, and thought the 16th was OK I really had no idea what I was about to fall into. This pours a pale copper, the cap is dense, white and recedes rather quickly. My first inclination that I'm into something special is when I bring my tulip to my nose. Seriously, the most intensly aromatic nose I have ever enjoyed from Stone. Very Alpine Nelson meets KRBC Citra nose, totally intoxifying. It just gets better as the flavors fall in line with the nose delivering sweet mango, tangerine, lemon, orange and white pepper notes. There is a beautiful bitter blast from the enormous hop bill, just enough malt to keep it all in balance, remember this is totally a west coast variation, so were talking hops, dry and fruity. The mouth is dry, clean and utterly refreshing, there is absolutely no detection of the 9+ abv lurking underneath the entire package. Gains complexity as it warms and never is hot. This would be Stones biggest seller by a land slide if made available year round. If you can find a fresh bottle now do what you have to, it's that good.

4.29/5  rDev -2.7%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.25

Enjoy By IPA from Stone Brewing