Stone Enjoy By IPA | Stone Brewing

Stone Enjoy By IPAStone Enjoy By IPA

Stone Brewing
stonebrewing.com

Style: American Double / Imperial IPA

Listing for all Stone Enjoy By xx.xx.xx IPA beers.

Added by nrs207 on 08-21-2012

4.4

Ratings: 10,736 |  Reviews: 1,489
4.5/5  rDev +2.3%

Best stone I have ever had! well worth the extra money!!
So man my place sold out of them in like 3 days! now I have to hunt for another 6 pack!
you better hurry and get one if you can!

Exceptional. One of my favorite DIPA's. Better than a much harder to find beer here in NorCal, you know which one ;). Just my opinion. This beer is perfect to me. Will buy every release.

4.35/5  rDev -1.1%
look: 4 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.5

4.31/5  rDev -2%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

3.69/5  rDev -16.1%
look: 4 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

07.04.15 version - typical average tasting Stone DIPA

3.92/5  rDev -10.9%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

Poured from a 12 ounce bottle into a Shaker pint glass, the "enjoy by" date is 7-4-15.

APPEARANCE: pours a clear, golden color with one-finger off-white head, excellent retention, the head slowly faded until a thin, unbroken layer of small bubbles remained, significant lacing on the glass, medium carbonation.

SMELL: pine resin, grapefruit, bread, some pepper, I can also smell the alcohol.

TASTE: the taste follows the nose, initially some sweet citrus and bread then a piney hop blast, the 9.4% ABV is clearly present.

PALATE: medium body and carbonation.

OVERALL: this is a beautiful looking beer but not the best tasting IPA, a little too boozy for my liking, I can only enjoy one in a sitting, I like the concept of having freshness date in the name just wish the beer was better, this beer was terribly overpriced at $16.00 for a six pack of 12 ounce bottles so I'll not be buying this again.

3.81/5  rDev -13.4%
look: 4.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 3.75

I remember the days when enjoy by was exactly or very similar to what is described in it's description. This 7/4/15 batch is good, but not danky or very citrusy to say the least. Last batches ive had have been more malty and sweet than a bitter juice bomb like I would prefer. Still crisp and good, but does not live up to it's own description.

4.21/5  rDev -4.3%
look: 4 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.25

4.55/5  rDev +3.4%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.75

Enjoy By 7/4/15

There is so much discussion regarding inconsistency from batch to batch and the mysterious onion taste. I have had every batch in Delaware distro for past three years. IMO - the past 12 months have been incredibly consistent. A juicy citrus has complemented the (devastating) dank more recently in both bouquet and taste. Mouthfeel and appearance has always been off the charts. Drinkability is amazing. 3 years ago I assumed a great marketing approach led to over-inflated scores. But this is without doubt one of the best IIPA’s out there.

4.4/5  rDev 0%
look: 4 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

Enjoy by 7/4/15
A-bright golden color with a fingers worth of white head

S-delicious aroma with citrus, grapefruit, pale malts

T-similar to the smell, pale malt backbone with citrus, tropical fruits, lemon, and resin

M-medium body, moderate carbonation, super drinkable

Overall so drinkable, delicious tasting

4.37/5  rDev -0.7%
look: 4 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

07.04.15 12oz bottle into a solo cup. 3rd Enjoy By release to pass my lips.

A: Nothing too special. Vibrant clear gold with 1/2" of off-white head that recedes pretty quickly.

S: Amazing, breathtaking. Huge grapefruit & citrus with a nice oily hop character underneath. A bit of biscuit & malty sweetness provide counterpoint, but the fruit is the star of the show.

T: Grapefruit, lemon & lime peel, cinnamon, brown sugar, pine, black pepper, grass, hop resin, exceptionally well-defined bitterness that seems to focus on woodiness & a hint of onion. Holy moly.

M: Moderate carb & a big malt body do the job perfectly.

O: My only complaint is that this brew is just too drinkable.

4.48/5  rDev +1.8%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.5

Enjoy By 07.04.15, had one of these previously at the end of 2014. Says it is bottled on 5/28/15, so pretty dang fresh.

It's a strong DIPA, with an explosion of bitter, piney, and juice-laden hops. Really nice West Coast style that everyone needs to try. Some of Stone's finest right here in this bottle.

4.25/5  rDev -3.4%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

4.52/5  rDev +2.7%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

On tap at Worthy Kitchen in Woodstock, VT in their snifter. Enjoy by 7/4/2015
A= Great golden amber with straw colored lasting head.
S= Lots of hops, citrus, pine, resinous, get some alcohol.
T= Tropical, citrus, and pine, all balanced with malt and masking the 9.2 ABV.
M= Full bodied and smooth, moderate carbonation.
O= Very tasty, high fresh hop flavor comes on strong and lasts, but remains balanced and easy to drink, could be dangerous at 9.2% (or perfect).

4.56/5  rDev +3.6%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

One of the most flavorful balanced beers from stone. Hop forward yet smooth. A true treat for any hop head. Buy as manyas you can afford

4.24/5  rDev -3.6%
look: 4 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

4.35/5  rDev -1.1%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

4.66/5  rDev +5.9%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

great taste. heavy on the front

Deliciously dank, deliciously fresh, just plain delicious.

4.77/5  rDev +8.4%
look: 5 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

My top 5 beer choice. The gods have graced us with this beer pick.

4.41/5  rDev +0.2%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.5

4.81/5  rDev +9.3%
look: 4.75 | smell: 5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

Enjoy by 4-20-2017.Obviously these Enjoy By ratings need to be broken up by date.

The 4-20 version of Enjoy By usually is the highlight of the series, right? I was disappointed with my first bottle of this because the green onion thing was missing. However this version has totally grown on me and I have purchased 9 six packs so far and consumed 6, drinking almost no other brand, and also drinking it in excess, which normally I don't do to my self standards.

I have like a Dostoyevsky writing bent for these reviews. My tasting notes are worthless and even trying to compete makes me feel like maybe I should be stuck on Sierra Nevada. The high end citrus thing and the well done malt and yeast thing and the great drinkability make it dank. It reminds me of the moment I realized sativa is better than indica.

I cleared out the remaining stock of retailer1 tonight and will see what retailer2 has tomorrow. Thanks Stone, I hope this isn't the sewage one.

4.43/5  rDev +0.7%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

4.95/5  rDev +12.5%

Tastes like hop syrup. And I like hop syrup.

Stone Enjoy By IPA from Stone Brewing