Stone Enjoy By IPA | Stone Brewing

Stone Enjoy By IPAStone Enjoy By IPA

Stone Brewing
stonebrewing.com

Style: American Double / Imperial IPA

Listing for all Stone Enjoy By xx.xx.xx IPA beers.

Added by nrs207 on 08-21-2012

#197
Liked:
4.42/5
Alströms:
4.4

Ratings: 10,778 |  Reviews: 1,501
4.4/5  rDev -0.5%

Stone Enjoy By 12/26, picked up at Mt Airy Liquors on draft.

Pours a liquid gold, clear and crisp as an autumn day, with a finger and a halfs worth of eggshell head. Mostly tight bubbles, small bubbles rising from bottom of the glass.

Not getting much on the nose, maybe as she warms, what little I do get is pine and faint tropical fruit hoppiness.

Taste begins with this magical duet of light malt sweetness and juicy hops - as the piney hop flavors develop a sweetness settles in on the tip of the tongue, and the beer goes down the gullet finishing with a nice bitterness and alcohol burn. No yeast flavors apparent, and the malt I'm picking up is light and sweet.

Overall a damn fine IPA, very well balanced, could have had a bit more complexity with the hops with some stronger tropical or citrus flavors, but overall very solid, very drinkable. This could be my go-to IPA if it were more available.

4.75/5  rDev +7.5%

4.6/5  rDev +4.1%

2.28/5  rDev -48.4%

Very impressive.

4.84/5  rDev +9.5%

2.75/5  rDev -37.8%

I got a 32 ounce growler of this because I'm such a fan of Stone. I sampled it before I bought it and thought it tasted pretty good. I poured into a frozen pint glass. By the time I finished it had a hint of a unpleasant taste. By the time I finished the growler, it was downright gross. I won't be having anymore of that.

4.45/5  rDev +0.7%

4.75/5  rDev +7.5%

4.56/5  rDev +3.2%

4.3/5  rDev -2.7%

4.16/5  rDev -5.9%

4.25/5  rDev -3.8%

4.44/5  rDev +0.5%

4.25/5  rDev -3.8%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

4.84/5  rDev +9.5%

4.77/5  rDev +7.9%
look: 4.5 | smell: 5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.75

4.8/5  rDev +8.6%