Stone Enjoy By IPA | Stone Brewing

Stone Enjoy By IPAStone Enjoy By IPA

Stone Brewing
stonebrewing.com

Style: American Double / Imperial IPA

Listing for all Stone Enjoy By xx.xx.xx IPA beers.

Added by nrs207 on 08-21-2012

4.4

Ratings: 10,732 |  Reviews: 1,489

4.42/5  rDev +0.5%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

Another winner from Stone. I poured this one (22 oz bottle) into a wine glass and let it warm to bring out the flavors. While I enjoy other IIPAs a bit more (e.g., Hopslam and Hoptimum) you simply cannot go wrong with this one as this one is rock solid. I will certainly be picking up another one in the next couple of days.

4.65/5  rDev +5.7%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.75

Living by one of Stone's tap houses makes for very fresh Stone. The pour was crystal clear with a nice 1 inch head. Lacing was awesome as it stuck to the beer glass all the way down. Has a distinct piney flavor and scent. Overall an excellent brew, I drink it every time it's available.

4.13/5  rDev -6.1%

How do you even rate this beer? It continuously changes, sometimes for better, sometimes for worse.

Pours a nice yellow beer. Nice head, tall and foamy. Smell varies depending on release, but mostly strong and hoppy. Taste is the same, bitter, strong, hoppy. Mouth feel is good, light beer. I can drink a few of these.

3.69/5  rDev -16.1%
look: 4 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

Enjoy By 07.04.14

My first enjoy by beer from Stone.

Beer pours a brilliantly clear amber with a full, frothy inch and a half of ecru colored foam. Beautiful sticky lacing as I empty my glass.

The scent is absolutely fresh. Smells like sniffing a fresh bag of hops from hop union on brew day. Hops consist of pine, grapefruit and a wonderful dank earthiness. Very hop forward in the nose.

The taste begins with a smooth citrus flavor and fades towards a caramel sweetness. Any sweetness is brief and gives way to a very bitter citrus finish. The taste lacks the layers of complexity found in the nose.

The beer is medium bodied and an appropriate level of carbonation. The high level of alcohol is well hidden.

Overall an enjoyable beer. I think I enjoy the concept and push for fresh beer more than the beer itself. That said, it is very good, yet not something I would hord or seek out.

3.5/5  rDev -20.5%

4.29/5  rDev -2.5%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.25

Bomber/On tap (07.04.14) at Mad Mex (different dates)

Appearance: Orange golden color with a frothy one finger light beige head. Phenomenal lacing

Smell: Bright tropical fruits, light citrus, pine, slight onion; Very dank. My nose picked up the aromas from an arms length away and my brothers from across the table! The most aromatic IPA I've ever smelled

Taste: Once again, super dank. The tropical fruits hit you upfront, then comes the hop resin, pine, and light citrus.. along with a undertone of malt sweetness that balances it all out that fades into a pleasant aftertaste that lingers

Mouthfeel: Medium body; Smooth yet enough bitterness that lets you know its an IPA. Goes down extremely well for a beer pushing 10% abv

Overall: I have yet to try PtE, the "big" three Vermont beers, or some other highly rated IPAs/IIPAs, but this is certainly the best representation of the style I've had thus far. I had both the bomber and tap and although both were amazing, it was even that much better on tap. Stone beers tend to be past their prime by the time they get to my area, where the hops fade, leaving a malt and onion mess. But with this, I know each batch will be fresh. At just over a week since bottling, this is one of the freshest bottles I've ever had, and it shows. Enormous vibrant hop presence that I enjoy in an IPA without being too aggressive. We have a real winner here! Worth the $9 (with tax) price tag for a guaranteed fresh bomber of this quality brew. Can't recommend this one enough, and absolutely worth the hype. Enjoy!

Edit: The recent batches iv tried seem to have more of that oniony taste and less tropical fruit. There's so many great DIPAs on the market now that i dont necessarily think this is the best anymore. Still great nonetheless

2.44/5  rDev -44.5%

Enjoy by 7-04-14 tasted on 6-7-14. So very fresh.
I really hate the smell. Smells like gruyere crust to me. I have had the same problem with several stone beers. Since so many love their beers I think that it is simply some kind of reaction with my palate. I don't get the fruity smell lots talk about. The taste is no as bad, but still taste like gruyere to me.
I had the same problem with the go to IPA (not as much though), ruination (more than with the "go to ipa"), the Gotterdammerung.
Must be something wrong with my palate (some reaction to the type of hops they use), so don't judge the beer by my review.

4.98/5  rDev +13.2%

Enjoy By 07.04.14 (Bottled on 05.30.14 and consumed on 6.21.14) into a 16oz Libbey Munique elongated tulip glass.

A- Poured an ever-so-slight hazy golden with a solid 1+ finger worth of a creamy, white head...as it is consumed, the lacing is really attractive. (5.0)

S- A commingling of sweet citrus (tangerine, ruby red grapefruit) and stone/tropical fruit (apricot, mango, papaya) along with a dank and piney 'herbaciousness' all bounce from the glass...the balance of all those elements are what makes this such a classic. (5.0)

T- Sweet malt hits first followed by healthy dose of tropical fruits found in the nose. The finish is a dual assault of citrus rind followed by an undercurrent of a resiny pine quality...classic Stone finish. (4.75)

M- Carbonation is just enough to create a nice head and open the palate to get those flavors to infiltrate the palate to create an exceptional experience. (4.75)

O- Kudos to Stone delivering this beer into the market as distant as VT within 1 week of its bottling. That is an immense testament to their commitment, enthusiasm and influence in the market to prove their point. I have now tasted various iterations of this beer at 1 week, 2 weeks, 1 month, 3 months and post 90 days...although it is a delicious offering at any time, I am now a convert of enjoying this as fresh as possible since the tropical fruit notes sing the loudest and blend the best with the herbal notes. Time will accentuate the garlic/onion qualities that are only muted as a young beer. (5.0)

3.5/5  rDev -20.5%