Stone Enjoy By IPA | Stone Brewing

Stone Enjoy By IPAStone Enjoy By IPA

Stone Brewing
stonebrewing.com

Style: American Double / Imperial IPA

Listing for all Stone Enjoy By xx.xx.xx IPA beers.

Added by nrs207 on 08-21-2012

Ratings: 10,754 |  Reviews: 1,493

3.58/5  rDev -18.5%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

4-20-14 Enjoy By

A- fairly clear (a tad hazy), copper, orange hue. Appealing.

S- excellent nose. Pine!!!! Some grass, too. Some floral notes to boot.

T- big full wallop of resin (and that pine), lingers throughout. Bitter soon follows and strengthens at the end. Didn't note much of the citrus thing, unfortunately, compared to some the other reviews.

M- big, full, dry.

O- I'm a sucker for Stone (love Ruination!), and easily fall prey to the "enjoy by" campaign, so I'm a lock to try each offering. Not sure how long they've been doing this (started last year, I think), but I really, really liked the one I had in '13. That said, I'm glad I bought the 4-20-14. I "enjoyed" it, but won't be picking up another. A quality IPA, indeed, but not worth another round. Look forward to future offerings.

Cheers all!

4.75/5  rDev +8.2%

4.75/5  rDev +8.2%

4.13/5  rDev -5.9%

Enjoy By 4/20/14

A - Pours a remarkably clear pale orange, with a finger of head that clears out quickly, but leaves nice sticky lacing.

S - wow, they aren't kidding with that "devastatingly dank" tag line. I get big swampy dank notes of raw hops. I just finished brewing a batch of beer and the nose on this beer is like ziplock baggies of pure hop pellets. It smells green -- grass, marijuana, green onion, lemon grass, with faint touches of pine and mango.

T - Big, concentrated doses of mango, pineapple, onion, with a tinge of lemon and pine around the edges. Juicy middle; bitter and savory on the back end.

M - mouthfeel is big and full, with ample sweetness, but a dry finish.

Overall, this is a big, in your face DIPA with nothing to hide. It may be the most savory IPA I've ever had. This is the first time that all those descriptors like onion, garlic and cat piss really resounded with me. There is some tropical sweetness to balance things out, but I think this is not quite my cup of tea. A great beer, but they could tone back the CTZ, Summit, or whatever's bringing the onion.

4.47/5  rDev +1.8%

The re-dankulous 4-20 batch. Pours a lovely, hazy golden orange. Smells fantastic: citrus rind, sweet tropical fruit, and heavy pine. Taste is so dank and bitter, you guys; hoppy with a light malty sweetness. Aftertaste is dry, crisp, and bitter. Chewy and smooth. Doesn't get much better than this.

4.77/5  rDev +8.7%
look: 4 | smell: 5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

enjoy by 04/20/14, from a bomber in a Spiegelau ipa glass.

well I guess I better review this, as it is my fave beer.

s- are there hippies in my house? dankness. and pine, almost equally balanced. some citrus in there too.
a - clear copper with a thin white head that disappears fast but laces. I've seen prettier beers but appetizing looking.
m - sticky and full. good carbonation level for this beer.
t - I have not had all the "trophy" beers but I've had a bunch of them. and I would put this up at the very top. what enjoy does (similar to what makes heady different from all the rest of the IIPA's) is it throws in a healthy amount of dankness to add some depth to the usual pine and citrus thing. comes on bitter and dank on the front end, with citrus and pine notes behind it. has a floral and dry finish. enjoy does not "hide" it's alcohol as well as a lot of beers which gives it a spicy alcohol burn that you may like or hate. finishes very dry. the only problem with enjoy is I feel obligated to drink as much of it as possible when you can get it around here. which can quickly lead to trouble :(

Stone Enjoy By IPA from Stone Brewing