Stone Enjoy By IPA | Stone Brewing

Stone Enjoy By IPAStone Enjoy By IPA

Stone Brewing
stonebrewing.com

Style: American Double / Imperial IPA

Listing for all Stone Enjoy By xx.xx.xx IPA beers.

Added by nrs207 on 08-21-2012

#203
4.4

Ratings: 10,806 |  Reviews: 1,508

4.29/5  rDev -2.9%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.25

Enjoy by 4.20.14 bottled on 3.16, drank on 3.21!
A - Very cool translucent orange.

S - Lovely citrus hops. My nose is in a pine forest.

T - Hops, malty caramel followed by more hops with citrus and grapefruit becoming more and more noticeable. Aftertaste is piney.

F - Creamy full bodied with a nice amount of head.

O - Well played by Stone both on the Beer and the concept and marketing. I guess I was expecting something a little different it being so fresh but I don't even know what. Either way it's a very good beer. Drink up, Beerites.

4.21/5  rDev -4.8%
look: 4 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.25

Served on cask @ the Daily Pint. 4-20-14 sparky.

A: Pours a slightly hazed orange with a 1/4-inch thick white head which fades to the rim and cap leaving splotchy lace.

N: Plenty of 4:20 dankness with some pine in the mix.

T: Citrusy orange and tangerine, pine, with a herbal and faint hop spice.

M: Moderate body and medium carbonation from the cask. Finishes clean and resiny dry and bitter.

O: More pine and bright citrus raises this up above the bottled version.

4.61/5  rDev +4.3%
look: 4.25 | smell: 5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

Enjoy By 04.20.14; bottled on 3/16/14, poured into a Stone IPA pint glass.
Appearance - clear, golden, bubbly; looks like apple juice. Thick, foamy white head. Lacing is decent.
Smell - mouth watering citrus hops; lots of grapefruit juice, with just a hint of herb!
Taste - mild, bitter hops up front; tangy fruit juice and grapefruit to finish it off!
Feel - a very aggressive, but tasty and easy to drink hop bomb!
Overall - worth the hype, a great DIPA.

4.89/5  rDev +10.6%

Finally enjoying this sought-after beauty on its first time in PA (I think), thanks to my awesome girlfriend for picking it up!

2.14.14
Poured into snifter; light orange, clear, very light for the style (following the trend of others). Moderate white head that fades quickly.
Smell is awesome...onions, tropical fruit, citrus, pine, bitterness, awesome. This is like a west-coast version of Hop Ranch.
Taste is also like a west-coast Hop Ranch...onion, fruit, pine, citrus, bitterness, earthy...damn. Sweet, fruity, oniony, awesome IPA. Fresh as hell and delicious.
Mouthfeel is again, surprisingly thin and clean for the %abv and style.
Overall, awesome. I'm super-psyched that my girlfriend found this. Delicious stuff!

4.20.14
Fluted snifter; clear dark orange, fluffy white head.
Smells amazing...bright tropical fruit, mango, sweet onion, weed, candy sugar, mint, herb.
Taste...wow. Sweet peach, mango, onion, apple, mint, herbal, sugar, tangerine, grapefruit...incredible. The hop flavor packed into this beer is mind-blowing.
Mouthfeel is light-bodied and surprisingly clean.
Overall, again I'm blown away. Stone has raised the bar.

4.84/5  rDev +9.5%
look: 4.75 | smell: 5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 5 | overall: 4.75

Re-review on Enjoy By 04-20-14 - Bottled on 3/12/14. Poured into a chalice.

Complex. One of the best IPAs I have ever had.

A - Light honey colored, crystal clear, rocky half-finger white head, good lacing.

S - Grapefruit, floral, citrusy, piney

T - Citrus, resiny, a pale malt background that does not come without some contemplation, hint of sweetness.

MF - Sharp, fizzy, leaves my mouth feeling clean and bright, but also with a smooth creaminess. (edit - 6-11/15)

Also had:
Batch #3 - 12-21-12
Batch #7 - 5-17-13 - Bottled on 04-12-13
Batch # 10 - 9-13-13
Batch #12 - 11-12-13
Batch #14 - 02-14-14
Batch #15 - 04-20-14 - Bottled on 03-12-14
Batch #?? - 07-04-14 - Bottled on 05-30-14
Batch# - 02-14-15 (definitely tasted different - less malty sweet)
Batch # - 07-04-15 - Bottled on 05-28-15 (first time I had this beer in 12 oz bottles)

4.4/5  rDev -0.5%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.5

3.75/5  rDev -15.2%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

Reviewing Enjoy By 4/20/14. Poured from a bomber into a snifter. Dark golden orange sun kissed copper, an even cloudiness keeps it from being completely transparent. As it warms, it clears. White head, fades fast, little to no lacing.

Pine tar on the nose mixing with fresh citrus and a touch of sweet tropics fill the nose.

First sip...medium carbonation...an extremely creamy mouthfeel but watery too? Peaches up front mix with the sweetness of honey. Rounds out with some caramel and green pine and a quick bitter finish. A warm alcohol lingers on the throat...white pepper on the tongue.

I'm a big fan of double IPAs (my favorite style) and was really looking forward to this beer...my first Enjoy By. I've read the reviews and comments in the forums...and must say I'm disappointed. I've let it warm and sipped it slow but something is off? It's not much older than a week, so freshness isn't the problem. Seems a little to watery for a double, a little lighter in color than I'm use too...those things I can live with but there is an "off" flavor that I'm not familiar with...charcoal? Maybe I just don't like "dank"? I guess my expectations were so high I'm trying to find excuses why I think this is only good and not great...it is what it is...for me...good but not great.

Im so surprised at my review's outcome I will try one more Enjoy By in the future and comment further.

Stone Enjoy By IPA from Stone Brewing