Stone Enjoy By IPA | Stone Brewing

Stone Enjoy By IPAStone Enjoy By IPA

Stone Brewing
stonebrewing.com

Style: American Double / Imperial IPA

Listing for all Stone Enjoy By xx.xx.xx IPA beers.

Added by nrs207 on 08-21-2012

#200
4.4

Ratings: 10,861 |  Reviews: 1,517
4.94/5  rDev +11.8%

Have enjoyed by since 2012 atleast,always has a verh great consistency

3.95/5  rDev -10.6%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4

4.52/5  rDev +2.3%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

4.19/5  rDev -5.2%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.25

Enjoy By 4.20.16, bottled 3.4.16, poured 4.9.16
Creamy orange golden body, half inch head
Smell is a forest of hops, apricot, mango, pine, breadiness, lemon zest
A bitter floral hop at the front of the mouth, some fresh cut grass behind it
Slightly abrasive/harsh feel
A very rich hop experience that I wish had more fruit or malt notes to smooth it out, but as too-hoppy beers go this is really good

3.95/5  rDev -10.6%

4.75/5  rDev +7.5%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

4.85/5  rDev +9.7%

The beer poured a lovely shade of golden, with one a crystal clear body. The head was a little small, barely measuring at one finger thick. The aroma was very dank, smelling of grapefruit and pine resin. The taste was superlative. I was blown away by the assault of the dank piney and citric hops strong enough to strip teeth enamel. The hops were backed by simple pale malts that provided just a touch of sweetness. This was a sticky hop bomb, and coated my tongue, and throat going down, providing a long lingering hop aftertaste. The alcohol was well hidden, making this very drinkable despite the near double digit ABV. This is an essential beer if you are a hophead. I thought I had already reviewed it before now, but I was wrong about that. You can bet this is going to be a go to purchase for me from now on.

04.20.2016 edition, enjoyed on 04.09.2016

4.55/5  rDev +2.9%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.5

Up there with the best, one of the most wine-like beers I have ever tasted.

4.20.16 edition, bottled on 3.15.16, enjoyed on 4.08.16.

A- Pours a clear, deep golden, with initial, cascading carbonation streaming up the glass. A white, billowy, two finger head caps and leaves butterflies of lace.

S - The nose is and floral hops with notes of juicy orange, tangerine, and lemon rind. Almost Belgian white pepper - yeast vibe too.

T - Resinous and bitter hops dominate, with rounds of flavors (per the aroma - citrus colors) that resolve in a peppery and malty finale. Complex and wine-like. Drink slowly out of wide tulip and savor.

F - Finishes with alcoholic bite, with a dry, warmth from its 9.4% ABV. Glowing and brandy like.

One of my favorite beers.

4.54/5  rDev +2.7%
look: 4.75 | smell: 5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 4.5

Enjoy by 04.20.17
Quite similar to last year's, in fact I can't pinpoint much change at all, happy this comes out around my Birthday (04/14).
Enjoy!

Enjoy by 04.20.16
I suppose it's the glass we poured into, or the temp, because the last pack I got of these would have ranked much higher, haha higher. But unlike the last this one has an astringent tinge with semi present alcohol taste. Low carbonation and pleasant bitterness that hits the sides of the tounge and roof of the mouth. I feel a slight bit more carbonation could go a long way in hiding the alcohol. Wish I could say that I'll be buying it again someday.

4.25/5  rDev -3.8%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

4.66/5  rDev +5.4%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

4.63/5  rDev +4.8%

4.28/5  rDev -3.2%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 5 | overall: 4.25

This is great smooth and hoppy I love ipa's and this is close to the top of my list.

4.64/5  rDev +5%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.5

4.08/5  rDev -7.7%

4.20.16 version.

Look (4): A golden yellow and orange tangy looking brew. Exactly what I'd say the sun set looks like. Kind of hazy. A big white heady that is cloudy like in color and froth.

Smell (4): It's like opening a door in your refrigerator that's been holding fresh tangerines and peaches. It's got a lovely citrus and tropical aroma as well as some bacog round caramel malt aroma. Also a very dank weed smell is evident through the whole smelling process.

Taste (4.25): Tropical cut up peaches and pineapples are being thrown at my face. It's clearly got more then one specific hop used in it and the dankness clearly takes hold and doesn't let go. A malty backbone definitely helps a bit with balancing this out, but it's definitely a hop heads dream brew.

Mouthfeel (3.75): It's like licking a fruit with fuzz and then while pulling your tongue away you end up with some cream texture on it. It's definitely lighter bodied then I remember the last version... the aftertaste is never ending #thisiswhybeerisbetterthenwine

Overall (4): A solid 4. Nothing will ever be as good as when you have it the first time around, but I definitely remember the last version being a bit more full bodied and malty.

4.47/5  rDev +1.1%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

4.72/5  rDev +6.8%
look: 4.5 | smell: 5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

4.25/5  rDev -3.8%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

3.83/5  rDev -13.3%
look: 4 | smell: 4 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

Enjoy By 04-20-16

Long time fan of series. Sorry, but this latest batch was a let down. I wanted Devastatingly Dank, what I got was disappointingly dunce. However, still good. Just not nearly as good as previous editions, especially that last unfiltered masterwork they served up. That one was so good I didn't even want to drink it. I hated to see it go.
This one is lacking in body, floral and smoothness. Maybe I was looking forward to it too much and it could not live up to my own hype. Left a coarse feel on palate and went down kind of grainy. Did not have that creamy feel to it that I've come to expect.
It cost me as I bought 2 six packs of it. I'll get around to drinking it. I had 4 Southern Tier 2XSMASH in fridge that put this Enjoy By to shame.
I drank that instead. I still will be there for the next batch but this one left me wanting. The beer just came off as nothing special, just an average DIPA.
Hey I'm already over as the Great Lakes Chillwave has just dropped:)

4.78/5  rDev +8.1%
look: 5 | smell: 5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.5

4.20.16 edition, enjoyed on 4.06.16

Pours a clear golden yellow, with moderate carbonation streaming up the glass. An off-white, billowy, two finger head caps it off, fizzling away leaving excellent lacing.

The nose is full of pine and floral hops with notes of orange, tangerine, grapefruit peel and lemon rind. There's a whiff of white pepper too.

When you drink this beer; resinous and unrelentingly bitter hops assault your tongue - scrubbing your taste buds - but ultimately paving the way for a crisp, light and well balanced, graham crackery, malt sweetness.

There's a touch of vanilla for a moment. Then juicy hops akin to the taste of nectarines, grapefruits and oranges reassert themselves and meld with the vanilla for a deliciously sweet, yet still bitter, orange creamsicle flavored ice cream float type of taste.

Mouthfeel is heavy and sticky. Finishes with a healthy alcoholic nip and a dry, delightful warmth to it. You can tell it's 9.4% ABV.

Overall it can be a little too bitter at times, and the mouthfeel is rather heavy and not what I would call thirst quenching, but it's a damn good IIPA.

3.58/5  rDev -19%

4.22/5  rDev -4.5%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4

4.6/5  rDev +4.1%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

3.83/5  rDev -13.3%
look: 4 | smell: 4 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

"Enjoy by 4/20/2016" bomber.

Beautiful looking crisp beer. Smelled like mango and tropical fruits. Flavor was a bit bitter at first, but as it warmed up the bouquet of flavors really came through. Nice hop flavor with tropical notes and mango. Very light feel - bit too light for an DIPA IMO, but not distractingly so. Overall enjoyed this one, but probably wouldn't pick it up again.

Stone Enjoy By IPA from Stone Brewing