Enjoy By IPA | Stone Brewing

Enjoy By IPAEnjoy By IPA
Enjoy By IPAEnjoy By IPA

Stone Brewing

Style: American Double / Imperial IPA

Listing for all Stone Enjoy By xx.xx.xx IPA beers.

Added by nrs207 on 08-21-2012

Ratings: 10,913 |  Reviews: 1,519

4.22/5  rDev -4.5%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

Enjoy by 2.14.14 served in a Citizen Cider snifter.

A: Clear orange. There's something that rubs me the wrong way about filtered IPAs. Call me crazy, but hey.

S: Citrusy fruit, mostly mango for me.

T: Same as smell, very mango forward for me.

M: Adequate and supple.

O: I must say, this being my first Enjoy By experience, I was a bit disappointed. I had only heard good things from friends and BAs, but it's not quite as marvelous as I had expected. Perhaps it's because I'm inevitably comparing it to Abner or Heady, but it strikes me as a slightly better, more alcoholic version of Long Trail Limbo that cost me $7 a bomber rather than $10 a sixes. Anyway, I'm glad I tried it, I enjoyed it, and I will probably get another one at some point. Try it for yourself, because fresh IPA is hard to come by.

4.34/5  rDev -1.8%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.25

Having a 7/4/16 on the last day on 7/4/16 to review. Nice orange semi-cloudy color and 1 finger frothy head. Smell is nice citrus combined with some resiny Stone patented familiarity. A really nice hearty brew with solid amount of citrus and resin. Lots of warmth and bigness and chewiness to this beer, nothing watery going on. A full bodied DIPA if I've had one. A nice standard DIPA, but a tad pricy. Will still periodically buy as its always better than most other store options to bring home.

4.18/5  rDev -5.4%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.25

First reviewed in January, 2014; revisited as available. This review is Enjoy By 04.20.15.

Pours a deep gold color with a thick white head. A really good-looking beer. Good retention and lacing. Really citrusy, moderately bitter but not in-your-face about it. Medium body, nice level of carbonation. Alcohol is well-hidden.

I first had Enjoy By at Poe's Tavern on Sullivan Island SC, and it was an almost religious experience. Enjoy By is good from the bottle, but I think draft is superior.

Enjoy by 12.25.15 update: On tap at the Holy Hound in York, PA. Tulip glass. Nice clear orange-gold with a modest white head. Initial impression is a lot of citrus, tropical fruit, and pine. Very fresh and very good.
I think Stone must vary the Enjoy By recipe - each release is a little different. This was one of the better ones.

4.55/5  rDev +2.9%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 5 | overall: 4.5

Enjoy by 02.14.14 IPA is a prisitine clear orange liquid topped with foamy light brown head that leave behind a nice foaming coating on the glass. The excellent appearance gives way to a strong sweet apricot hoppy nose that is simply delicious. On the tongue is it presents a strong hoppy bite. Behind that lies a fruity citrus that gives way to a wonderfully balanced lingering hop. In the mouth this beer is smooth, refreshing, clean and crisp. Quite simply this is a fantastic IPA. Certainly worth a night for the IPA lover. I don't advise is for a new drinker or non IPA person.

Enjoy By IPA from Stone Brewing