Stone Enjoy By IPA | Stone Brewing

Stone Enjoy By IPAStone Enjoy By IPA

Stone Brewing
stonebrewing.com

Style: American Double / Imperial IPA

Listing for all Stone Enjoy By xx.xx.xx IPA beers.

Added by nrs207 on 08-21-2012

#203
4.4

Ratings: 10,806 |  Reviews: 1,508
4.51/5  rDev +2%

This is the 12.13.13 variation of this beer. 22 oz. bomber poured into Stone pint glass.

A: Pours a slightly chill-hazed bright orange/gold. Head is one finger and white. It doesn't last extremely long, but there are islands of thin, white head throughout. Good lacing.

S: Wow...the smell is truly amazing...one of the best IPAs I've ever smelled. EXTREMELY strong dank, grapefruit smell. Lots of blood orange and mango, too. There are even hints of marijuana present....truly a hop-heads dream smell.

T: Taste is full on hop assault. Extremely dank, yet extremely fruity. Grapefruit, marijuana, mango, orange, pineapple, and a touch of mint on the end. Zero bitterness and only the absolute minimum amount of malt that lets the hops shine through. Really one of the best IPAs I've ever tasted.

M: Medium body. Oily...slick. Not much carbonation. Perfect mouthfeel that allows the hop onslaught to stick around for what seems like forever.

O: Easily one of the top 5 IPAs I've had (and I've had a lot of the "best" IPAs available.) Lots of depth, fairly easy to acquire, great price, and a perfect indicator of when to drink this amazing beer!

4.51/5  rDev +2%
look: 5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.5

A - Poured a clear golden amber with a white frothy head that sticks around the entire time. A gorgeous looking beer.

S - Citrus hits you right away, a nice fresh hop aroma.

T - A touch of bitterness, I get some pine from the hops here.

M - A medium bodied beer with lots if carbonation.

O - An excellent DIPA, I can't believe I've waited this long to have one. It is well balanced, you have no idea it is 9+ abv.

4.25/5  rDev -3.8%

4.3/5  rDev -2.7%
look: 4 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

I went to a craft beer market, ask a staff for the best IPS he ever had, the guy didn't even blink and grab me this Stone IPA Enjoy By 12-12-13, pour with a nice inch foam, light orange color, floral aroma that I really enjoy it, first it had bitter taste, but in a good way, smooth finished.

4.64/5  rDev +5%
look: 5 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.75

Maybe the prettiest IPA I've ever seen: absolutely transparent, beautiful golden color, small head that dissipates but I'm still pretty psyched about the color and clarity of this beer. Smell is massive grapefruit hops, some citrus, random hints of random fruits. Insane hop flavor right away! Heavy floral hops, then grapefruit, then citrus, then the massive bittering kicks in. Absolutely coats the mouth. The bitterness is a little higher than I usually like but the fresh hop character is astounding. Aside from the lingering bitterness, the finish is really crisp and dry on this - I just realized this is 9.4% abv and now I'm even more impressed. Way too easy to drink considering its strength. It's easy to love stronger ales but this one really deserves it.

4.5/5  rDev +1.8%

Had on tap on 11/21/13 at Stone's bar in the San Diego Airport. I'm unsure of what the "Enjoy By" date is.

Appearance: Clear golden color, good white head, minimal lacing

Smell: Very fruity and citrusy, very fragrant

Taste: Again, fruity, citrusy, lighter on malt than I would have expected. No indication of the abv. Complex, yet very drinkable

Mouthfeel: Medium body, good carbonation, exactly what I expect from Stone for this style

Overall: Excellent, and a little different than you typical Stone brew. Focuses on the aromatic side of hops, instead of cramming bitterness down your throat. Very enjoyable, and I think they are targeting Pliny the Elder with this one. Can't say which I would rather have, but they are both world class.

3.75/5  rDev -15.2%

4.6/5  rDev +4.1%

Stone Brewing Enjoy by 10.25.13 IPA

Appearance: pale amber, small head, and some light lacing.

Smell: heavy hops, light grapefruit, and a faint lemon.

Taste: mellow bitter hops and a light grapefruit.

Mouthfeel: incredible and bitter.

Overall:
The aroma is potently hop but once it touches your tongue, the feel gives you a slight bite, finishing with a smoothness. This is very well balanced. The taste seems subdued compared to the aroma.

4.25/5  rDev -3.8%

4.78/5  rDev +8.1%
look: 4.25 | smell: 5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

One of the best DIPA's I've ever had. One of the best beers I've ever had; it really is quite amazing. Tried the 12/13/13 and it was 10/10 honestly. Ingeniously fresh with an amazing hoppy flavor, bitter but not overly bitter at all. Perfect. Not a single hint of the 9.4 ABV. Not quite sure on the IBU's but either way, it is everything you could ask for in a beer. Good job Stone, good job.

Stone Enjoy By IPA from Stone Brewing