Stone Enjoy By IPA | Stone Brewing

Stone Enjoy By IPAStone Enjoy By IPA

Stone Brewing
California, United States | website

Style: American Double / Imperial IPA

Listing for all Stone Enjoy By xx.xx.xx IPA beers.

Added by nrs207 on 08-21-2012

Reviews: 1,426 | Ratings: 10,440
4.93/5  rDev +12.3%

Fantastic IPA! Great aroma and color as soon as you tap it! Had the privilege of enjoying it on tap at the Craft Ale House in Limerick, PA. This beer rivals Pliny The Elder or Firestone Double Jack IPA. Great citrus from the first sip and great hops throughout with a good malty finish. This is a top flight beer!

4.16/5  rDev -5.2%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4

Served on tap at three rivers six pack in delmont

Appearance clear orange, with bright white half-finger head. Some lacing.

Smells great...piney and sweet but not overwhelming.

Taste is similar. Really piney/syrupy, sorta dank but not dried at all,very wet. Juicy.

Feels smooth, if not a bit thick for an IPA.

Overall fantastic. It's got a lot-a-bit of everything and for some May be too much. I enjoy it very much.

4.69/5  rDev +6.8%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

A- poured a very light orange - practically see through,and about a finger width head that ended up dissolving. Medium lacing.
S- HOLY SHIT!! A hop bomb explosion to say the least. right away you get super piney/floral notes followed by citrus.West coast style all the way.Just by smelling this you know you're getting a very fresh beer. I've never smelled a beer this fragrant.
M- a medium bodied brew, not too thick and not too thin. Just right for this type of beer.
O- a phenomenal beer. A true hop explosion. Long live the enjoy by series.

4.56/5  rDev +3.9%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

Picked up a couple bombers of this gem from Carson Street Deli on the South Side of Pittsburgh. Specifically, this is the "9/13/13" edition. Poured the first one into a snifter. Don't judge me, but I drank the whole bottle myself. Good decision.

A: Pour resulted in a finger of an off-white head which faded within a couple minutes, kissing the glass with beautiful lacing. Heavens to Betsy, what a beautiful color this beer has. A brilliantly clear amber-orange that invites one to dive right in. Another beer that has a glow. As I drank, this beer continued to leave it's mark on the glass.

S: An incredibly floral beer with dominant pine aromas. Of course, in pure "West Coast-ian," Stone fashion, citrus also tickles the nose. As the beer warms, sweetness becomes more present. This is, undoubtedly, one of the better smelling beers I've enjoyed. I'd never leave a woman's side if she smelled like "Enjoy By."

T: Follows the nose wonderfully. Fresh hops right off the bat. Sweetness makes its presence known as I swallow. Another rush of hops at the end of the sip. Heavy pine in the after-taste mixed with citrus flavors, most notably, grapefruit. At 9.4%, this beer is sneaky. Alcohol is hidden well. Hardly any presence in the flavor other than it's warming presence down the throat. I just about cried when I came to the last sip of this beer.

M: This beer will not leave you alone as hop oils cover the palate. Carbonation is hardly noticeable giving this beer a great mouthfeel. Dangerously drinkable. I should know. I imbibed 22 oz. of it quite easily.

O: A brilliant beer from Stone... yet again. The freshness of this beer just made it that much more enjoyable. Maybe I'll be generous enough to share my second bottle with a friend. A very good friend. A thoroughbred hop-head.

I was so excited to see a local bottle shop, Vino Rosso in Idaho Falls got a keg of Enjoy by 9-13-13! They had it posted on a sandwich board out side the shop that said "Get it while you can!!!!". I was actually off the day I had it and was just swinging by the office to pick up my paycheck and take it to the bank,which is right by the bottle shop,how convenient! It was heaven in a glass!!! Nice and stinky,looked just perfect,color,carb,lacing... and it was a taste explosion. Hop bomb delight!!!! This is the first beer I have ever given a 5 to. I swore I didn't think there was a 5 out there,there is,this is it!!! Went back the next night with my built in designated driver(my wife) and enjoyed a few more! If this beer has and equal or one is ever brewed I hope the good lord sees it fit to have it find it's way to my lips...It is the holy grail of beers as far as I am concerned!!!

4.69/5  rDev +6.8%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.75

Meet the new boss... 9.13.13

A: CLEAR! Must have been filtered, nice head which dissipates with not too much lacing (I reckon due to the strong hopping)

S: Wow. First IPA I've ever tried that made me think WEED more than Heady Topper. Outstanding

T: Again, incredible dank/citrus hops with minimal malt backing (just enough, thank you Stone for not being too sweet!), complex and I think I like this even better than Heady Topper which is the highest praise I can think of

M: Excellent, not too thick or sweet considering the ABV

O: Maybe the best IIPA on earth

3.87/5  rDev -11.8%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 4

Clear pale orange colored with a low white head that leaves legs of lace rising up the dudes of the glass. Low aroma of honied mslt and orange rind. Rich flavor bursting with hop flavors - grapefruit, tangerine and orange rind pith. Subtle malt balance, but this is a showcase of hops. Mild bitterness, understated alcohol strength. Slightly slick mouthfeel. Overall a great beer.

4.24/5  rDev -3.4%
look: 4 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

Consistently impressive west coast DIPA. Has that prototypical yellow-gold color I associate with wcipas. Nose is super piney with a hint of citrus. This is 7.4.14 and I think it's less citrusy than previous ones. Mouthfeel is light but creamy, yet it still carries a bite. Aftertaste is really dry. This is a liquid pine cone that nearly bites your face off.

4.56/5  rDev +3.9%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.5

Serving: 12oz pour into snifter on tap at The Tap in Bloomington, IN
Served: 1 September 2013

ENJOY BY 09.13.13

Appearance: A magnificent light copper/amber color, crystal clear, with a small, half finger head clinging around the top of the snifter. Nice white head, minimal lacing.

Smell: Incredibly assertive hop smell- extremely clean and crisp piney and bitter citrus notes jump out at you, but don't overpower you. I could just sit and smell this one and be happy, but the smell makes the beer so much more tempting to sip...

Taste: Big hop presence in this one. Nice semi-sweet malt backbone really carries the flavor. The hops hit you up front, but really mellow out on the back. While some DIPAs tend to feel like they coat your tongue in bitter hoppiness, this one is different. The hoppiness is concentrated on the front portion of the tongue, and then the sweet maltiness really balances out the flavor profile after you swallow. The beer finishes an astonishing semi-dry, even with all the hops.

Mouthfeel: Good carbonation for the style. I actually preferred this one more as the carbonation left the beer since it seemed to emphasize more of the malt backbone.

Overall: My 150th unique beer according to my personal list, and certainly one worthy of the milestone. This is an incredible beer, and I would highly recommend it if its distro'd out to your area. Would by again without thinking twice. ENJOY BY 09.13.13!

4.45/5  rDev +1.4%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.5

Enjoy By 09.13.13. Sampled on September 1, 2013.

It pours a handsome looking golden amber with a lingering silky white head and great clarity.

The aroma is alive with floral and spruce hops as well as a biscuit note in the background. Clean scent.

The body is better than medium but not quite bold with a smooth coating feel on my tongue and back of my throat.

The taste begins slightly sweet and biscuit-like but it does not take long for the hops to attack the rear and take over everything. Over 9% ABV and the alcohol is well-integrated and not even noticeable. Moderate lingering finish.

I had this one back to back with the ever outstanding Alchemist Heady Topper and I actually liked this one better. Must be those west coast hops rather than Vermont hops.

4.75/5  rDev +8.2%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

Saw this at the local store and after reading some reviews decided to give it a try before the slightly obvious due date.(09/13/13)

Umm...well yaa its really really good!

After a fine pour into my farvret tulip it had a loverly orangish, copper glow with a b a utiful 2-3 fingers of foam on the top, which settle into a loverly lace along the sides.

Now a nice little twirl or two and a big sniff...oh yeah....big pine and maybe peach hit my nose with an allure of something that I like A LOT...big hops!!

OkAy, taste time...hits the tongue right away with a bitter hop bomb and just keeps going, maybe black chery with some sort of spicy citrus, can't put a name on it but whatever it is it is very good. They definately got it right. If you are a lover of the hops like me then you will love this one!

It feels perfect in the mouth, just the right bitterness with a bitter/sweet aftertaste that just keeps wanting to be tried again and again. and I will try again, my store had 4 left and I will be going back to buy the rest hopefully before someone else figures it out. keep it coming Stone, beer is good!

4.5/5  rDev +2.5%

Enjoy by 9/13/13.

Appearance: This beer pours a clear deep amber with a slightly off-white head and leaves a little lacing.

Smell: Piney with some citrus and earthiness. Exactly what a dipa should smell like.

Taste: Very similar to the smell, but the nuances and balance of each flavor pull through a lot more. The alcohol is completely hidden behind the hop and malt notes. Perfectly balanced between hoppy and earthy.

Mouthfeel: Medium bodied and very drinkable.

Overall: Stone crushed it once again. I have had two of the previous batches, and the consistency has been outstanding. This series is easily top tier among double ipas, and at an amazing value as well. It has quickly become a benchmark of the style. Any hophead should enjoy this beer.

4.28/5  rDev -2.5%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.25

This was enjoy by 9/13/13

Pours a clear yellow, amber. Brilliant and has a fast falling head of white foam that leaves loose bubbles and a ring and cap . Film on top and great lace.

Nose is pineapple and sweet from the ripe fruit. Dry pine needles and some grapefruit to be tart and to tease you a little. Omy. There's not a lot of malt on the nose but what there is smells earthy and breaddy. Not too sweet just a breath of honey. Like if I leaned in close and then whispered the word "sweet." The real sweetness on this nose is from fruits and that excites. The hops are succulent even on the nose and floral.

The taste is out of this world. Malt is lightly breaddy and flows like silk under the sweetness of the fruit. It doesn't offer too much and stays just behind the pine needles and the pineapple. There's a little orange that comes forward as it warms. This beer is perfectly balanced and there's a nice dry bitter. Not loud, not tremendous, just right. The hops are plump and floral on the palate and juicy in and of themselves. If that's even possible. This has a fluffy malt character that is light as a feather and then there's resin and oil and pungent spice but not too awful much. Just enough.

This beer is the reason you drink an IPA. It's bountiful in it's hop character. It's decadent in it's fruit sweetness. It's malt is superb and flows underneath it all to lead you to a spectacular bitter. It's pronounced but it's not egregious. It's not heavy, it's light. the mouthfeel is something you don't even think about until you are lost in the aftertaste. So glad I tired this. One of the best beers I have had this year.

3.67/5  rDev -16.4%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.75

Enjoy by 9-13-13 is pretty good. Highly recommended. Get yor hands on it.

A. Clear amber. Nice foamy head with decent lacing.

S. Very piney and hoppy but nice.

T. Like the aroma but stronger. Very very piney. Super fresh beer. The after taste isn't very strong like some IPAs.

M. Very easy. Doesn't coat the palette and is not thick at all. Very smooth beer and goes down very easily.

O. I will enjoy getting more Enjoy Bys in the future. Great job Stone.

4.68/5  rDev +6.6%
look: 4 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 5 | overall: 4.5

No clue how I've had 4-5 of these and never reviewed.

I love this beer. Every 3-4 months a new one comes out and it's just as amazing as the last and always so fresh. I'm sure I'm spoiled as some people can't seem to get it often enough.

A firm pour provides a modest bit of foam, I don't expect much lacing given the head. Crystal clear (too much so but it's crazy fresh) with a dark golden orange head. This looks a bit darker than their normal IPAs but not much.

The nose is HUGE full of citrus grape fruit and just intense grape fruit rines. The level of dryness is mind blowing, this is going to be amazing.

A complex blend of just explosive hops, I mean these are just off their rocker. A massive sucker punch of grape fruit, tangerine, mango, and god knows what else come at you like a thunder bolt. the beer is sweet, but hell if I could tell you anything about the malt. The hops start a billionth of a second after the first taste and they don't let up, period.

The beer drinking surprisingly light, the hop body and bite mixed with such a clean carbonation makes this amazingly easy to drink. The hops just ripping your tongue apart are the only thing to remind you this might be a high abv beer.

I'm not sure if the balance and blend of perfect malts with perfect hops happens here. It just misses on the most elite of elite ipa's but I'm splitting hairs here.

4.62/5  rDev +5.2%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.5

09.13.13

P: A vivacious clear pale copper orange body with a crown of jiggly off white froth.

S: Smells like your hands after peeling an orange. Crisp citrus hop explosion. Orange, melon, ruby red grapefruit, lemon zest, and toasted malts.

T/M: Orange peel, lemon candy, mint, grapefruit juice, and mango. A sting of alcohol graces the tongue and leaves it tingly. Buttered toast, bubblegum and toasted caramel. Medium-full bodied with a great tingle of carbonation.

O: Crisp bold hops that engulfs your palate and sweeten it with a toasted malt base. I have been waiting to get this as fresh as I could. This is a huge statement for freshness. I love this beer and I can't wait till the next one.

4.38/5  rDev -0.2%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

A - Pale body with thin head of medium size bubbles. Not too much retention or lacing.

S - Citrus but not a ton of aroma

T - Huge pine hops with a deep earthy malt base. Alcohol is there but everything is so balanced I wouldn't expect 9.4%. Everything finishes with the lasting taste of citrus and pine.

M - Fairly high carbonation and fine enough that the beer drinks smooth but with a good bite.

O - A shock goes through me every time I see the "Enjoy By" label appear on the shelves. I then proceed to clear the rack. This has everything I want in a big IPA; deep bassy malts, intense bitters, and a strong abv.

4.58/5  rDev +4.3%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 5 | overall: 4.5

I bought this bottle online from Bringonthebeer.

A- it pours a crystal clear gold with a close to a 1 finger head of foam that seems to be shrinking slowly, leaving some lacing behind.

S- the aromas oozed out of the bottle when I popped the cap. Hoppy as all get out. Big grapefruit, decidedly bitter to the nth degree. Reminds me of a certain "triple" IPA, which shall remain nameless, that went above and beyond my comfort zone. This smells very oily with the hop presence..

T- laws yes..err...no. It's not at all like the other brew I didn't mention by name. Well, they are both VERY hoppy and bitter but this has an oily/fresh hop flavour that kills it. Light on the malt but not that light. Mid palate is where I notice it the most...a kind of earthy malt presence.

The rest is all the best of what hops can bring to the table and I "should" know. I have had some of the best thanks to online orders, TRADES, and what I can find off the shelf locally.

M- tongue stickingly great. Perfect carbo and body. The latter..woo, woo, woo!

O- I guess I kind of get what the hoopla is all about with Enjoy By. Yes.I.do!

4.42/5  rDev +0.7%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.5

22 oz. 9.13.13 poured into a DFH Pint Glass.

A: Slight yellow-strawish color. A bit hazy. Lack of carbonation bubbles visible. Solid head that fades into a slight spiderweb lacing. Interesting.

S: Grapefruit, citrus, pine and a slight fading alcohol.

T: Pine, grassy notes, followed up by big grapefruit and citrus explosions. Alcohol is undetectable.

M: Heavy for a DIPA, but carbonation balances well. Bitter from beginning to end. Just how a DIPA should be.

O: Only thing I can say..A must have. This is the third time I've had a beer from this series. All amazing.

4.13/5  rDev -5.9%
look: 4 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 4.25

this is a review of 09.13.13

took a little while to find this series, but a local distributor got a keg today and i filled up my growler posthaste. $20 for 64oz growler seemed like a solid deal to me (normally around $9 for a bomber). poured about a pints worth to celebrate finding it. Color was one the lightest DIPA's I can remember. the nose was mostly piney, with a hint of spice, very solid. TASTE was great, piney with i'm guessing some onion maybe, something kicking it up a little, and the solid bitter finish. a nice unique blend that i've never tasted. malt isn't so pronounced, just enough to let the hops do their thing, i.e. not so much balanced as it is geared toward the hop-head. the only downside would be the mouthfeel, a little light, i like my doubles to feel like doubles, this drinks like a regular IPA, which isn't really a bad thing depending on how you look at it. insane drinkability, love this beer. i haven't really had a Stone offering that I REALLY loved yet, but this is Definitely the first. For anyone who needs that foot-in-the-door to Stone, dig it. Bottom line, an absolute must have.

edit: next night (bout half the growler left) definitely got some Bubblegum notes in the nose, but not much in the taste.

4.78/5  rDev +8.9%

9-13-13

Appearance-
Golden copper color, but missing a fiery red hue I like to see in my hoppy beers.

Smell-
Oh my god, oh my god kyle. It is of that define ambrosia that I liken to a slight tropical bubblegum, with crisp fall bitter. This smell makes me scream, "TAKE MY MONEY!"

Taste-
I wanted to find more fault, I really did. It is one of those rare switch from the nose. I taste the bitterness first, and it mellows into a fruit sweetness almost ending in watermelon notes.

Mouthfeel-
A little weak on the bubble, but it is hard to detract from the delicate coating and flavor left.

Overall-
Second time I have been able to find this excellent series, and it is one of those fantastic beers that makes the whole chase and luck worthwhile.

4.85/5  rDev +10.5%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 5 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

I've heard others descripe this as 'juicy'...now I know what they meant. Beautiful aroma of citrus and pear. Perfectly balanced. A nice smooth mouth feel that only accentuates the malty sweetness on the back of the palate. A 'must have' in these waning days of summer.

2.8/5  rDev -36.2%
look: 4.5 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 2.5

Enjoy by 09-13-13 poured in Lunar Pint Glass

A) Very pretty looking beer, clear, light amber, carbination

S) Pine

T) I wonder if I got a bad bottle, too piney, no sweetness at all.

M) Oily, over carbinated

O) I did not like it, never had a pine bomb before and will never get it again. Sorry Stone

4.65/5  rDev +5.9%
look: 4 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

Pours from tap at fabulous Stone brewing a light amber-orange with small head and minimal lacing.

A strong hop bomb hits the nose and tongue, shattering the competing sweet caramel and citrus in the background. The carbonation and body are overwhelmed by the perfection of hops and hop taste.

WHAM! WOW! This is hops utopia, and a real beer lover's delight.

The brewery is outstanding and serves nothing but the best beers in the world. Check them out already!!

4.6/5  rDev +4.8%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 5

Enjoy by 09.13.13. bottled on 08.09.13. poured into tulip.

A: pours pretty clear. I would say a deep golden hue. really great clarity for a DIPA. frothy bright white head has great retention and leaves a good deal of lacing on the way down.

S: after the initial pour this smells like copious amounts of hop oils. definitely grapefruit, definitely pine. a lot of hop resins here. all about the hops. very American. wouldn't hate for some malt balance, but that would be tough to compete with all this resin.

T: a bit of bubblegum. virtually no grain presence. really resiny on the back-end. not overwhelmingly bitter in the finish, a little during the drink though. I mean it is there, but not as much as most brews of this hop magnitude. a bit of alcohol burn too.

M: pretty mellow carb. tingly. full bodied for sure. works.

D: really tasty stuff from Stone. I love how much this beer demands fresh consumption. I am sure it is quite the challenge for their distribution staff and network, so that gets extra points in my book.

Stone Enjoy By IPA from Stone Brewing