Stone Enjoy By IPA | Stone Brewing

Stone Enjoy By IPAStone Enjoy By IPA

Stone Brewing
stonebrewing.com

Style: American Double / Imperial IPA

Listing for all Stone Enjoy By xx.xx.xx IPA beers.

Added by nrs207 on 08-21-2012

4.4

Ratings: 10,703 |  Reviews: 1,486

2.8/5  rDev -36.4%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 2 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.25

It's got a pretty good front, but that aftertaste is like dried orange peels and driftwood. Very hoppy, but not necessarily in a good way. You shouldn't say "finally" when you're finished...

Thinking maybe we got a bad batch, because the three (highly reviewed) beers we had at the establishment were all average at best.

2.8/5  rDev -36.4%
look: 4.5 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 2.5

Enjoy by 09-13-13 poured in Lunar Pint Glass

A) Very pretty looking beer, clear, light amber, carbination

S) Pine

T) I wonder if I got a bad bottle, too piney, no sweetness at all.

M) Oily, over carbinated

O) I did not like it, never had a pine bomb before and will never get it again. Sorry Stone

2.82/5  rDev -35.9%

can not believe this has such high ratings! This was GROSS! I would have to be wasted to drink any more! Bitter strong, horrible after taste. Not smooth!!

Wow what a difference a year makes. My tastes have totally changed. I do like IPA's now and didn't last year. It is too strong to drink but was not has bad I thought before.

2.83/5  rDev -35.7%
look: 3 | smell: 3 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.75

2.86/5  rDev -35%

Enjoy by 7-4-14 model

Pours a clear light amber with nice finger and a half of loosely bubbled head that is persistent and leaves a great lacing. Nose is grapefruit and most notable, tons of tropical fruit especially mango/papaya, maybe even some peach mixed in. Extremely fruity. Taste, unfortunately for me, follows the nose pretty close. I don't know the type of hops off hand but there's a hit of hoppy, piney bitterness and then another assault of tropical fruit. Mouthfeel is what it should be, nothing to brag or gripe about. Overall, there's waaay too much of the tropical fruit sweetness for me. I just don't "enjoy" it. I'll still buy the next one though because this series from Stone is generally one I enjoy.

2.93/5  rDev -33.4%

poured from a 22 into a pint gass

A: poured from a 22. Looks nice and clean, like it will have great hop flavor. Leaves nice lacing along the whole glass. looks very appealing.

S: Smells like citrus and pine, just what I'd expect form an ipa. The smell leaves with an aftertaste of onions which I'm not so keen about.

T: Taste follow the nose, unfortunately the onion taste overpowers the beautiful west coast IPA
flavors. The citrus and pine are there, but overshadowed by onion. There is a nice bitterness, but still overshadowed by onion. If you hate onions as much as I do maybe you'll agree.

M: Good, medium body. nice carbonation. Feels like it should.

O: Was very excited to try this one, but after having 3 separate brews I have decided to give this one a pass in the future. Too much hype, too much onion.

2.94/5  rDev -33.2%

2.95/5  rDev -33%

2.97/5  rDev -32.5%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 3

An interesting IPA for the holidays

Stone Enjoy By IPA from Stone Brewing