IPA | Stone Brewing

stonebrewing.com

Style: American IPA

The IPA That Launched Generations of Hop Fanatics
First Release: August 1997

By definition, an India pale ale is hoppier and higher in alcohol than its little brother, pale ale—and we deliver in spades. Now one of the most well-respected and best-selling IPAs in the country, this golden beauty explodes with citrusy, piney hop flavors and aromas, all perfectly balanced by a subtle malt character. This crisp, extra hoppy brew is hugely refreshing on a hot day, but will always deliver no matter when you choose to drink it.

Added by kbub6f on 01-25-2001

Ratings: 11,199 |  Reviews: 3,069
1.5/5  rDev -64.4%

1.5/5  rDev -64.4%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

1.6/5  rDev -62%

tastes like bleach

1.66/5  rDev -60.6%

I love beers i truely do, but for the love of me i dont understand how ipas are so poular. Its horrible, extremely bitter and they all taste the same. But thats just my opinion

1.77/5  rDev -58%

Basic gateway IPA :( solid and though

How does this get a rating of 99? I wish "the bro's" could have had some of the six pack I got today, because this was awful. No way in hell they would drink my specific bottles of this and agree that it is world class.

WOW, I have had this beer before and it was decent then, but this time when I am reviewing it, it is horrible. Way too grassy for me, and not alot of pine and citrus that seems to characterize some of the other Stone's. Maybe it is a bad batch? I tossed the rest of the 6 pack out after I drained poured this one. I don't get it, this doesn't seem to have any hops at all.. Bottle date says to drink by 8/18/2014. It is June, so lack of freshness certainly isn't an excuse. What I got here is just completely uneventful and disappointing.

I found the hop characteristics that epitomize Stone beers to be completely non-existent with this specific 6 pack. I actually did a drain pour with a Stone beer (go figure) and am saving for the Sculpin IPA bomber I picked up at Whole Foods. I really dislike this beer. Have no idea what the deal is with this six pack I picked up, but will not be getting it again.

IPA from Stone Brewing