Stone IPA (India Pale Ale) | Stone Brewing

Stone IPA (India Pale Ale)Stone IPA (India Pale Ale)

Stone Brewing
stonebrewing.com

Style: American IPA

The IPA That Launched Generations of Hop Fanatics
First Release: August 1997

By definition, an India pale ale is hoppier and higher in alcohol than its little brother, pale aleā€”and we deliver in spades. Now one of the most well-respected and best-selling IPAs in the country, this golden beauty explodes with citrusy, piney hop flavors and aromas, all perfectly balanced by a subtle malt character. This crisp, extra hoppy brew is hugely refreshing on a hot day, but will always deliver no matter when you choose to drink it.

Added by kbub6f on 01-25-2001

Ratings: 11,035 |  Reviews: 3,037

Basic gateway IPA :( solid and though

How does this get a rating of 99? I wish "the bro's" could have had some of the six pack I got today, because this was awful. No way in hell they would drink my specific bottles of this and agree that it is world class.

WOW, I have had this beer before and it was decent then, but this time when I am reviewing it, it is horrible. Way too grassy for me, and not alot of pine and citrus that seems to characterize some of the other Stone's. Maybe it is a bad batch? I tossed the rest of the 6 pack out after I drained poured this one. I don't get it, this doesn't seem to have any hops at all.. Bottle date says to drink by 8/18/2014. It is June, so lack of freshness certainly isn't an excuse. What I got here is just completely uneventful and disappointing.

I found the hop characteristics that epitomize Stone beers to be completely non-existent with this specific 6 pack. I actually did a drain pour with a Stone beer (go figure) and am saving for the Sculpin IPA bomber I picked up at Whole Foods. I really dislike this beer. Have no idea what the deal is with this six pack I picked up, but will not be getting it again.

2.04/5  rDev -51.7%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 1.75 | overall: 1.75

Did not like the taste

2.09/5  rDev -50.5%
look: 2.25 | smell: 2 | taste: 2 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 2.25

Okay could be better however. Dry-hopped

2.1/5  rDev -50.2%

Hazy gold colored ale with an aroma of pine.Taste is pine and malt.This has an "A' with over 1200 reviews???This is one of the 10 top worse tasting beers I've ever had.It reminds me of the Pine Sol my grandmom used to clean the house with.I don't get.Can you say overhyped??

2.25/5  rDev -46.7%