Stone IPA (India Pale Ale) | Stone Brewing

Stone IPA (India Pale Ale)Stone IPA (India Pale Ale)

Stone Brewing
stonebrewing.com

Style: American IPA

The IPA That Launched Generations of Hop Fanatics
First Release: August 1997

By definition, an India pale ale is hoppier and higher in alcohol than its little brother, pale aleā€”and we deliver in spades. Now one of the most well-respected and best-selling IPAs in the country, this golden beauty explodes with citrusy, piney hop flavors and aromas, all perfectly balanced by a subtle malt character. This crisp, extra hoppy brew is hugely refreshing on a hot day, but will always deliver no matter when you choose to drink it.

Added by kbub6f on 01-25-2001

Ratings: 11,009 |  Reviews: 3,033
4.68/5  rDev +10.9%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

A- poured out just slightly hazy light amber, with a big foamy white head that lasted throughout the beer and left big lacing throughout.

S- big hops aroma, mostly citrus with a hint of flowers

T- mirrors the aroma almost perfectly. The only thing different is the subtle bready malt the holds it all up and blends subtly into the background

M- a big bite on the tongue at the beginning from the hops. A little thinner than a big aroma IPA like this would indicate, which is a good thing, aiding its drink-ability.

O- a spectacular IPA that doesn't disappointing in any aspect

3.5/5  rDev -17.1%

3.75/5  rDev -11.1%

4.75/5  rDev +12.6%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

This is another beer that I have to hold myself back from giving 5/5 purely based on principal . This has become my favorite every-day beer, my old stand-by. I keep trying to convince myself that it isn't as good as I think it is - because it so widely available, I guess. But Stone struck gold on this recipe. It has never let me down. Every time I go back to it after not having one for a few weeks, it's always better than I expect. So I have to admit that I really love this IPA.

It is tame enough to be enjoyed at any time, but aggressive enough to remind me not to take it for granted. The citrus flavor is perfect. Sweetness and bitterness are balanced just to my liking. The hops are a little more powerful than is necessary for an IPA, which keeps me coming back for another sip.

I love that I always have Stone IPA as an option no matter where I am in the country. Thank you , Stone Brewery!

1.5/5  rDev -64.5%

4.04/5  rDev -4.3%

I take this beer for granted. It is seemingly always available and ive drank it countless times yet failed to review it until now. Draft offering at the Batdorf, served in a standard pint. The brew pours a clear golden with a white cap that fades to a thin white film. Some webby lace hangs on the glass.

The aroma is dank, pine, herbal and citrus rinds like grapefruit are also thrown in there. Grain is hardly an afterthought, this nose is all about the hops.

The taste is bitter with floral hop flavoring. Some herbal grassy and dank aspects. Somewhat pithy to rindy with little to no grain inclusion. Just like the aroma suggested, the flavor too is all about the hops.

This is a medium bodied brew with a modest level of carbonation. Overall ca crushable IPA that is nicely done and worth throwing a few back.

Stone IPA (India Pale Ale) from Stone Brewing