Stone IPA (India Pale Ale) | Stone Brewing

Stone IPA (India Pale Ale)Stone IPA (India Pale Ale)
4.21/5
Stone IPA (India Pale Ale)Stone IPA (India Pale Ale)

Stone Brewing
stonebrewing.com

Style: American IPA

The IPA That Launched Generations of Hop Fanatics
First Release: August 1997

By definition, an India pale ale is hoppier and higher in alcohol than its little brother, pale aleā€”and we deliver in spades. Now one of the most well-respected and best-selling IPAs in the country, this golden beauty explodes with citrusy, piney hop flavors and aromas, all perfectly balanced by a subtle malt character. This crisp, extra hoppy brew is hugely refreshing on a hot day, but will always deliver no matter when you choose to drink it.

Added by kbub6f on 01-25-2001

#956

Ratings: 11,069 |  Reviews: 3,042
4.48/5  rDev +6.4%

3.96/5  rDev -5.9%

4.56/5  rDev +8.3%

4.25/5  rDev +1%

4.5/5  rDev +6.9%

Really good IPA, and great labeling.

4.75/5  rDev +12.8%

This is my first review so pardon me if any of my comments seem rookie. However, I served in the U.S. Navy for over 20 years so I know about beer tastes from around the World.

Before trying this beer I was a fan of the Pale Ales and darks but this IPA has grown on me quickly because of its hoppiness. Very crisp on the tongue and lingers nicely. A good summer beer elsewhere but great anytime in its home town and mine. I could not give it a perfect score because I believe there is always room for improvement. However, I am definitely a fan now.

4.68/5  rDev +11.2%