Mixtape Ale - Winking Lizard Blend Vol. 5 | Stone Brewing

Liked:
3.73/5
Alströms:

1.62/5  rDev -56.6%

Did you ever try to siphon gas and got a little in your mouth? That's what this beer tastes like. I hated it before it even got to my mouth. It has a weird wine aftertaste that sticks in your sinuses and won't go away.
This is my first review, and I hate to be so negative. I encourage one and all to try this beer and enter your own review. Tell me if I'm wrong.
Sorry Stone Brewery - love most of your beers. This was a strikeout.

1.75/5  rDev -53.1%

2.5/5  rDev -33%

2.75/5  rDev -26.3%

3.39/5  rDev -9.1%
look: 3.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 3 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.25

On-tap at Back Country Pizza in Boulder, CO. Served in a small snifter.

A: The beer has a pale amber hue and a dense eggshell cap. Head retention is just OK and no lace is left behind.

S: This beer's nose is its strong suit. I picked up heavy fruit aromas of passion fruit and pear, plus a light whiff of citrus. A touch of vanilla rounds things out.

T: The promise of the nose falls short in the flavor. The beer starts out with many of the aromas from the nose. Bitterness is light and bolstered by a mild sourness. And then the beer just sort of stops. The taste abruptly fades after the initial burst and leaves almost no lingering flavors. Very odd.

M: A light body makes for easy drinkability. There's not quite enough carbonation at work.

O: I'm really torn on this one. The aromas are worth the price of admission. However, the flavor really disappointed me. It came and went way too fast for my tastes. I kept wanting more to happen.

Mixtape Ale - Winking Lizard Blend Vol. 5 from Stone Brewing