Drew Curtis / Wil Wheaton / Greg Koch Stone Farking Wheaton W00tstout | Stone Brewing

Drew Curtis / Wil Wheaton / Greg Koch Stone Farking Wheaton W00tstoutDrew Curtis / Wil Wheaton / Greg Koch Stone Farking Wheaton W00tstout
Liked This Beer
4.1 w/ 2,114 ratings

Stone Brewing
stonebrewing.com

Style: American Double / Imperial Stout

Ale brewed with pecans, wheat, & rye, with one quarter aged in bourbon barrels. Brewed at Stone Brewing Company with Greg Koch, Drew Curtis (Fark) and Wil Wheaton.

Added by Alieniloquium on 07-13-2013

Liked:
4.1/5
10%
Alströms:

Ratings: 2,114 |  Reviews: 391

I remember drinking Woot Stout with my father, but I forgot that the beer is brewed with pecan. Crafted with wheat, rye, and aged in bourbon barrels, Woot Stout is a specialty Imperial Stout.

The scents of pecan and bourbon are felt upon your nose as you drink. The aromas of rye and vanilla is light, but comes through if you concentrate on the smell alone. The bourbon barrel aging gives off a vanilla flavor. The presence of the rye adds a sour complexion of the body of the beer.

The rich taste of molasses is noted right out of the gate. The flavor of the bourbon compliments the thick molasses. The vanilla presence is emboldened upon the bourbon.

The texture of nuts are felt and that's the pecan that we experience. As you pay more heed to the pecan, the taste is there from start to finish. The wheat is recognized along with the nutty feel of the beer. The flavor of caramel is noted alongside the bourbon characteristic.

Woot Stout is an impeccable Imperial Stout. The complexity is like a whirlwind; I'd rather enjoy this instead of decipher it. A collaboration between three brewmasters, Woot Stout exemplifies why Stone is on the map. I would compare this beer to the same quality as a Belgian Ale. I wish this beverage was not an archival product and dusted off now and then. If you find it, it's a treasure.

Cheers. Prost. Drink for the love of beer.

My expectations have been blown away! I always have high hopes for stone, which are usually met. But damn, they killed it.
The appearance is on point; rich sticky brown head. Aroma is amazing - bourbon & vanilla with balanced hops and chocolate.
Taste is a perfect blend of cocoa, vanilla, bourbon, and toasted rich deliciousness. Thick mouthfeel sweet and full, without sticky sugary sappiness...
Overall, this stout is AWESOME

Had this a day after it was released and it was smooth chocolaty pecan heaven! About to open one this labor day weekend and I will have a rating on how it aged over the last year and a month :) I searched out 3 bottles and had it 3 times on draft! This beer was worth the search and the cheap Stone Bomber price of $9.99!! Thanks stone. Hope the 2.0 is this generous :)

I had been anxiously awaiting this beer since I heard about it a few weeks ago. You see, Wil Wheaton and I are twins separated at birth--well we were separated while our real mom gestated Wil a couple of years longer than me. But I digress.

The beer is outstanding; I'm relatively new to these ultra high alcohol brews like Goose Island's BCBS, Burton Baton, Ten Fidy, etc. Wheaton and Farking have made a beer comparable to the big boys. Really I think it's just as good. Of course, as expected, it's a sipping beer.

Poured a 22oz bottle into a Color is black like a guiness and completely opaque. Very finely carbonated head that sticks around forever. Nice and sweet tasting, syrupy consistency too. There's the obvious and expected alcohol warming, and wood, leather flavors. I am not sure I taste the nuts; though it's certainly nutty--but so is Burton Baton, brewed without them.

I like how it tasted at each of the temperatures it went through during my 20-30 minute 12oz affair with this beer. All in all it deserves more than the current rating of 90. I'm sure as more reviews are added the score will better reflect its true characteristics.

Drew Curtis / Wil Wheaton / Greg Koch Stone Farking Wheaton W00tstout from Stone Brewing
Beer rating: 90.1% out of 100 with 2,114 ratings