Naughty Uncle Auger | Dark Horse Brewing Company

Reviews: 1 | Ratings: 7
Reviews by the Alström Bros:

None found.

3.54/5  rDev -0.8%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

This was billed to me as an imperial brown ale by one bartender, then a dry hopped brown by another, so I'm not exactly sure what I'm supposed to think. That being said, it's basically a standard brown ale, with out much hop character.

A: standard for a brown ale, hopped up or not.

S: A massive wiff of malt to be sure, but you do detect slight notes of citrus in the hops that were "apparently" dry hopped. Overal it has a very appealing smell given the brown ale nature.

T: once again, standard for a brown. Malt ooze to it that coats the tongue. Slightly bready, but overall a very pleasurable brown ale. The problem is for the "imperial" or "dry hopped" version this is, it's a bit of a let down.

M: when I said ooze that coats the tongue, I suppose that should also go here as we'll. this is a mouthfeel you will be hard pressed to get rid of. Very thick and nearly creamy.

O: I would have this again, but certainly with the notion of just having a brown ale. I went for this, despite no previous reviews, on the thought it may be like Dogfish Head's of Foothill's (among many others I'm sure), but was a little disappointed in the hop structure. I hope they attempt this brew again, but stack some more hops on.

3.25/5  rDev -9%