Hite | Hite Brewery Company LTD

2.25/5  rDev -10.4%

2.25/5  rDev -10.4%

2.26/5  rDev -10%

Oh boy.

Korean tonight with the family, and this was the obvious choice from the beer menu, among a whole lot of well known and best avoided names. A beer list it wasn't!

Pours straw with a fiizzy white head, and then all downhill in a mass of corn 'flavours' and insipid taste.

Yes it goes OK with the food, but it really isn't good beer, and I am not sure re Euro Pale Lager given adjunct flavours.

3.25/5  rDev +29.5%

This euro lager is much like many commercial american style light beers. It is very pale. I would say it is right for many light beer fans but not for me. I did notice that it is highly carbonated. Unlike other reviews the head lasted a few minutes and then dissipated as described. In my opinion it is overcarbonated.

2.45/5  rDev -2.4%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2 | overall: 2.5

On-tap at K-Town Chicken, New York, NY

A: The beer is crystal clear light yellow in color and has a light amount of visible carbonation. It poured with a ½-finger high white head that quickly died down and left a thin ring of bubbles around the edge of the glass.
S: There are light aromas of adjunct malts in the nose.
T: Similar to the smell, the taste has watery flavors of grainy malts.
M: It feels light-bodied and thin on the palate with a moderate amount of carbonation.
O: This beer goes down rather easy and makes a nice accompaniment to the spiciness of KFC (Korean Fried Chicken).

1.75/5  rDev -30.3%

According to the label this beer is "Clean & Pure!" , as well as having gone through a " Freezing point filtration system". Uh, OK then. The beer poured a very thin, watery yellow color with about a half inch of white head that dissipated quickly and left just the lightest possible lacing.

The aroma was typically neutral, a bit of grains, no hops and some sweetness. The flavors were the same, bland and neutral, but the beer did have a very slight skunk/funk flavor.

The body was very thin and watery, even for the style. Drinkability was on the "why bother" side of the scale, there are better examples of the style out there. Overall, not a good beer, try it to tick it, otherwise avoid.

2.5/5  rDev -0.4%

1.75/5  rDev -30.3%

1.25/5  rDev -50.2%

2.52/5  rDev +0.4%

I found this Korean beer at the Binny's store in Bloomingdale, IL.
Large 640ml brown bottle with an open mark on the front label that turns blue when the beer reaches its optimal drinking temperature. I wonder who came up with this marketing gimmick first, Hite or Coors. The only information about the beer is the slogan on the front label that says - "cool and refreshing". We shall see.

The beer pours a crystal clear pale yellow color and makes an impressive 3 finger fizzy white head. Unfortunately, the head subsides to nothing within 30 seconds and leaves no lacing whatsoever.

Sweet grainy aroma - that's about it.

Ho hum - pretty bland stuff. Nothing complex here. Mildly sweet grainy malt flavor and little else. No hop bitterness, but I do pick up a slight metallic/mineral taste even though this beer comes in a glass bottle (maybe it's the Korean water???)

Light body with moderate carbonation. It wasn't as fizzy in taste as the pour might lead you to believe.

Drinkable, but nothing I'd seek out. The best part about this beer is its value - just $1.99 for a nearly wine sized bottle.

2.5/5  rDev -0.4%

2.75/5  rDev +9.6%

3.5/5  rDev +39.4%

3.91/5  rDev +55.8%

My first beer of New Beer Sunday (Abeyance Week 1)! I got this CAN through BeerDocT after I reviewed if from a bottle and realized that it was also available in CANs. I then put some feelers out among previous CAN reviewers and Doc and I set up a small trade to keep The CANQuest (TM) humming along. This is how we do ...

From the CAN: "The open mark turns blue at optimal tasting temperature"; "Clean tasting, Refreshing beer"; "preserved by F.T.K. (Fresh Taste Keeping) System".

Ha! As a retired sailor, any time F (foxtrot) is used as an abbreviation, the default position is "F*c*", so I CAN see this as F*c* This KAN! That's just me, though. Hey, when did FTW become "For the Win", vice "F the World", which is what it always used to mean?

Onward! A Crack followed by a no-holds-barred Glug produced a massive two-plus fingers of fizzing, foamy bone-white head with very limited retention. Hey, if I'd have known you were going to leave so quickly, I would not have bothered showering! Ya hear me, ya jagov?!? Bye! On an up note, the color was a deep-golden yellow to make Midas and Croesus proud, coupled with NE-quality clarity enabling me to read the postcard offering me a a complimentary entree for my birthday. I will be headed to PHL tomorrow to the University City Mad Mex to take them up on their offer. Once again, I digress ... Nose had the sweetish smell of pure unadulterated lager, no adjuncts, and my mouth began to water. I swear, there are more CANned AALs than I would have ever imagined. Mouthfeel was a tad thin and it tasted like lager with Noble hops, slightly tangy, mellow in a grassy way. Yum! Finish was semi-dry and definitely refreshing, so kudos for them for truth in advertising. It really is not a bad beer and I would probably fill a cooler with it for a day at the beach. YMMV.

3.12/5  rDev +24.3%

Bought a 640 ml Bottle of this from Friar Tuck's in Fenton, MO for $1.99. Poured from the Silver/Baby Blue labeled bottle into a 16oz Pint Glass. Has no freshness date on the bottle but not too worried about it.

Aroma- Has a ton of malt and clean aroma. Nice and appropriate for the style! Shouldn't be much around anyways.

Appearance- Pours a 2 finger head that has great, long-lasting retention. Has a golden colored body with perfect clarity. Leaves tons of suds behind.

Flavor- A very easy going, soft malt taste upfront. Has a nice banana character found in mid-drink and finishes with a light bitterness level.

Mouthfeel- Light Bodied, Medium-High Carbonation, Smooth, Crisp, and easy going to the finish. No characters out of the ordinary.

Overall Impression- I would definitely come back to this brew! Very refreshing and had a nice banana character mid-drink that I found. Would enjoy this before most BMC products and awesome we can get something from South Korea! Thanks for carrying this Friar Tuck!

2.23/5  rDev -11.2%

Poured into a pilsner.

It's pale yellow, white head and a lot of bubbles.

It's got a faintly sweet and adjuncty odor.

It's taste like adjunct grain, there's a hint of floral or fruit flavor. Not much for hops.

It's thin bodied and brisk.

Had a sushi restaurant because they were out of Hitichino. Too bad for me.

Hite from Hite Brewery Company LTD