Belhaven Scottish Ale | Belhaven Brewery Company Ltd.

Belhaven Scottish AleBelhaven Scottish Ale

Belhaven Brewery Company Ltd.
Scotland, United Kingdom
belhaven.co.uk

Style: Scottish Ale

Our signature Scottish Ale is the beer we've brewed the longest and is our best-selling bottle world-wide. We brew it from 100% Scottish Optic and Crystal barley malts for a nutty, biscuit character, balanced with a subtle spiciness from Challenger and Goldings hops for an all-around satisfying beer.

George Howell - Master Brewer, Belhaven

Added by Mitchster on 08-07-2001

Ratings: 2,095 |  Reviews: 909
Photo of

You had this beer. Write a review.

This is my favorit beer, I always go back to it for flavor.

A it has a nice amber color that is great to see.

S it has a lite hope malt smell that has a carmel smell to it.

T Has that barrel aged taste that is just great to the palet.

M the mouthful is full and robust with the flavor of the hops and malts with the carmel barrel taste : )

O this to me is just one great beer that I alwys go back to, I bring it to my co-workers when we get of work at night and it is the first gone and they all agree tht it is one great beer.

The beer of my house is now under the Belhaven flag. I'm a big fan of this beer and couldn't speak more highly of it. It's a sweet, smooth ale that doesn't get disgusting as you drink more of it. I would recommend this beer to anyone. It's quality through and through!

The first time a had this beer was on tap and the Nitro Can is just as amazing. This beer is just awesome, it is hands down one of the best beers I have ever had.

The pour is perfect, the foam is perfect, the taste is slightly creamy yet full of unique flavor that is difficult to describe. The aftertaste is clean and perfect. I am so glad they have this in the Nitro Can. Highly recommend!

This is the benchmark by which I judge all other beers in the same category, and one of the best examples of a balanced beer I have ever come across.

The clarity of this beer is excellent, its light caramel-brown appearance attractive. Pours a worthy head with decent staying power.

Malty, slightly biscuity & caramel notes greet the nose and, after a bold hop blast of flavor to the tongue, one is reintroduced to the same malt, biscuit, & caramel notes on the palate. Maybe even the slightest hints of toastiness. Nice, smooth mouthfeel. Such perfect balance. So drinkable.

Belhaven Scottish Ale from Belhaven Brewery Company Ltd.