B.O.R.I.S. The Crusher Oatmeal-Imperial Stout | Hoppin' Frog Brewery

B.O.R.I.S. The Crusher Oatmeal-Imperial StoutB.O.R.I.S. The Crusher Oatmeal-Imperial Stout

Hoppin' Frog Brewery
Ohio, United States
hoppinfrog.com

Style: Russian Imperial Stout

Added by klewis on 11-10-2006

Ratings: 2,736 |  Reviews: 1,035

One of my favorites. This is what I compare other Imperial Stouts to.

what an Oatmeal Stout should be. Smooth and full of flavor. Award winning for a reason.

Well worth it. a must try. I love many beers but too lazy I am only mentioning A+ ones.

Hoppin' Frog is one of my favorite brewers thanks to this awesome brew.

A: Thick tan head with beer being dark brown / black. Full body that pours almost as thick as oil.
S: If smelling were enough I would be in heaven. Roasted grain, oatmeal, coffee and chocolate.
T: Nice roasted nutty chocolate with slight coffee. Smooth after burn with little alcohol (compared to content).
M: Full body with thick creamy mouthfeel.. Definitely a meal in a bottle
D: As soon as you open the bottle, and until the last drop, this is as good as it gets. I'm very lucky to be from the Akron area to have this excellent beer any time. I've had some excellent stouts, but nothing comes close to what this has to offer.

One of the most memorable beers I've had.

This brew combines my two favorite styles and delivers on both with a payload of flavor, body, and interest.

Pour: Black, thick, with a dark head. Yes!

Smell: Enormous, malty, and with some sweetness. Yes!!

Mouthfeel: Full, creamy, slick. Yes!!!

Taste: Huge helping of malts, boosted by a tremendous body and presented nicely with just the right combination of the flinty or grainy notes of dark malts and the balancing and body-fortifying effects of the oats. Perfect amount of carbonation carries this beer effectively on the palate. Flavors of chocolate, coffee, nuts, and an almost wine-like presence made this one incredible beer. YES!!!!

B.O.R.I.S. The Crusher now has a space in my top ten favorite beers, and it will become a regular in my purchases. I'm also pleased to be able to support an Ohio brewery.

B.O.R.I.S. The Crusher Oatmeal-Imperial Stout from Hoppin' Frog Brewery