B.O.R.I.S. The Crusher Oatmeal-Imperial Stout | Hoppin' Frog Brewery

B.O.R.I.S. The Crusher Oatmeal-Imperial StoutB.O.R.I.S. The Crusher Oatmeal-Imperial Stout

Hoppin' Frog Brewery
Ohio, United States
hoppinfrog.com

Style: Russian Imperial Stout

Added by klewis on 11-10-2006

Ratings: 2,735 |  Reviews: 1,035

2011 Vintage pours like used 5-W20, but in the best way possible. This is a rich, black beer with a mocha trace of a head. Thick and viscous with molasses legs. This bottle is going to last me all night!

Very complex nose almost port or marsala wne like. Bourbon, vanilla, tobacco, coffee, dry dark chocolate, anise... wow, everytime I put it to my nose I smell something new.

Intense is an understatement for the flavor if this.Sweet maltiness up front with hints of vanilla, dark fruit, and a balanced hop bitterness. Tobacco, charred oak, and bitter dark chocolate finish with a roasted peanut shell aftertaste. At 9.4%, the alcohol is remarkably hidden but then again the is over a year old as well.

Thick, viscous, full bodied, little carbonation, almost like a bordeaux with a hint of tongue tingling fizz..

Call me an amateur, or a band wagoner, or what have you but I simply cannot fault this beer. If I nicked it half a point anywhere, it would be just because I dont want to rate something all 5's, but if a beer exceeds all of my expectations, why doesnt it deserve all 5's? This one does. If you like BIG, rich, sipping beers that warm your soul, this is an absolute experience for you.

B.O.R.I.S. The Crusher Oatmeal-Imperial Stout from Hoppin' Frog Brewery