B.O.R.I.S. The Crusher Oatmeal-Imperial Stout | Hoppin' Frog Brewery

B.O.R.I.S. The Crusher Oatmeal-Imperial StoutB.O.R.I.S. The Crusher Oatmeal-Imperial Stout
Liked This Beer

4.23/5
Alströms:

Ratings: 2,746 |  Reviews: 1,038
4.36/5  rDev +3.1%

Got this in a trade with limesmut.

Poured into a pint glass. Pours a deep black color with a mocha chocolate-colored head that lingers throughout the beer. Alot of lacing.

Smell and taste are a lot of sweet, roasted malts. This beer was like drinking a meal in a bottle. It was very rich, and very creamy.

An outstanding beer, and I'm glad I got the opportunity to try it out.

4.17/5  rDev -1.4%

Appearance: Black with modest medium-brown head. Nice looking stout.

Smell: Chocolate,roast malts, and some brown sugar. The chocolate is prominent here.

Taste: The chocolate is prominent with some roasted malt notes. There is also a well integrated hop element.

Mouth-feel: fairly full-bodied with modest carbonation. The oatmeal is playing a significant role resulting in a creamy and full bodied beer.

Overall: My first time trying this one and I'm pleased. I would have no problem picking this one up again.

4.07/5  rDev -3.8%
look: 4 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4

4.75/5  rDev +12.3%

4.75/5  rDev +12.3%

4.25/5  rDev +0.5%

A: Pours a deep opaque black color with a very small tan and mocha head that dissipates quickly, leaving a minimal lacing on the top of the brew.

S: Dark chocolates, some dark roasted malts, a hint of oatmeal and brown sugar, followed by some coffee notes and dark fruits.

T: Dark malts immediately present with roasted coffee notes and dark bitter cocoa. Some hints of the oatmeal follow on the back end.

M: A nice heavy beer with a mild amount of carbonation and a full body.

O: Very good overall, BORIS is definitely going to be a repeat buy if I can find it again.

4.43/5  rDev +4.7%

I have seen this brew at my local bottle shop for a while now, but never got around to buying one. I finally decided to pick one up...

Appearance: Pours a very viscous, very deep dark black. A very slight amount of light brown head that fades quickly leaving behind some sporadic lacing.

Smell: Delicious chocolately goodness with a bit of coffee in the background. A very nice, sweet overall smell.

Taste: Wow. I have read reviews that claim this brew isn't quite worth the price, and I have to say they are wrong. A deliciously smooth blend of bittersweet chocolate and coffee. Delicious.

Mouthfeel: The best feature of this brew. Thick and full bodied, but very smooth and creamy. Wow.

Drinkability: This is one of the finer stouts that I have had the privilege of drinking. Robust in flavor, yet smooth in texture. This is one tasty beer that I will look forward to drinking again. Cheers!

4.25/5  rDev +0.5%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

4.64/5  rDev +9.7%
look: 4.75 | smell: 5 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 5 | overall: 4.75

3.87/5  rDev -8.5%

Pitch black in color; essentially no head aside from a few brown hued bubbles here and there. Chocolate malt dominates the aroma with some roasted malt as well. Aroma is a bit subdued and underwhelming. Plenty of chocolate in the flavor, accompanied by more roasted malts, coffee flavors and a nice bitterness. A lasting rich, dark-roasted coffee aftertaste. Sweet with a full, chewy mouthfeel. Tasty, definitely shows the full body and sweetness of an oatmeal stout with the flavor and complexity of an RIS. Just had a few shortcomings I couldn't overlook.

B.O.R.I.S. The Crusher Oatmeal-Imperial Stout from Hoppin' Frog Brewery