Den Haag

SCORE
n/a
Notes:
Reviews: 3 | Ratings: 4 | Log in to view all ratings and sort

So I dont often take the time out of my day to post but........this beer has taken my heart. I have had and still have beer from all over sitting in my cellar. This is something I crave. Has a deep pour with a thin light head. very robust for all of you in need of flavor. The treacle is on point and the vanilla has a slight indicator that this is what is needed. If anybody comes across a den haag you better save because I am coming for it. The flavor has a dark after thought that is going to scream for passion that's why I have to wear me favored team. #crackerjacks get your paws on this its going to take you for a thrill enjoy.

4.9/5  rDev +1.7%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 5 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 5

Pours brown slightly transparent. I didn’t pour much at once so no observable head. The smell is almost like a fig Newton. Strong on gig and dark fruits like cherry or date. My wife thinks it smells like wine. In any case after a good inhale it made me literally sneeze. In a good way. Taste is sweet and follows the nose. As the label states it’s got hints of leather. Label also states it’s made with a custom black treacle which I didn’t know what it was until I looked it up. Never had treacle but I’ve had molasses and I’d say that’s fairly on point. The beer has a thick mouthfeel with light carbonation. The bourbon comes through in the aftertaste, which lingers on the palate for a while. Overall this is an incredible beer. $15 for a 22oz is a good price pint for a 16.8% beer and I’m proud this was brewed in my hometown of akron Ohio!

4.39/5  rDev -8.9%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.25

Mohagony to dark brown with a creamy thick blanket settling to a curled khaki collar leaving clear legs on the glass.

A formidably toasty charred barrel right up front puts on exhibit that they didn't flash age this beauty. Aged whiskey soaked dates, black pepper, dark caramel and delectable chocolatey molasses fill the medium body that has a light viscosity to it. A light crackly carbonation brings a perceptibly stinging heat which lifts some nutty toffee after the semi-dry finish.

Den Haag from Hoppin' Frog Brewery