D.O.R.I.S. The Destroyer Double Imperial Stout | Hoppin' Frog Brewery

D.O.R.I.S. The Destroyer Double Imperial StoutD.O.R.I.S. The Destroyer Double Imperial Stout
Liked This Beer

4.22/5
Alströms:

Ratings: 1,318 |  Reviews: 445

4.06/5  rDev -3.8%

This is actually my first day in court with this one. Excited!

Split with my wife for dessert. Served in a Cigar City snifter.

A: Poured out with pretty much a motor oil consistency, with a head that was but a mere shade or two lighter than the liquid below it.

S: Not extremely powerful, but potent enough. Milk chocolate, a hint of coffee, and a tinge of sort of Belgian-like dark fruit component.

T: Very bitter and hoppy, all wrapped up in a milk chocolate cocoon. Additionally, there is almost sort of a red/amber ale sort of undertow that added some hoppy excitement.

M: Like I said, this was bitter, with a snot-like consistency. The carbonation was low, which was perfect for this style and the lacing pretty much non-existent.

O: Excellent beer. I agree that Hoppin' Frog is often well deserving of its criticism of overcharging, but I bought this one for between $10-11 and it was worth every penny.

4.75/5  rDev +12.6%

3.25/5  rDev -23%

4.35/5  rDev +3.1%

Poured from a bomber into a Victory tulip

A- pours black with a half finger dark brown head. Looks pretty nice

S- heavy roasted malt and chocolate aroma in the nose. Smells great

T- tons of bitter chocolate, roasted coffee, and dark malts. Wow. Awesome

M- thick, viscous, and huge body

O- delicious beer. BORIS is great, but DORIS might be a slight above, especially with a little age on it

1.17/5  rDev -72.3%

/* Its black, real black, with a small brown head

S- in a word not good. the overwhelming smell is of raisins. it is _so_ sweet with what i think are slight hints of chocolate and coffee but the syrupy-sweet raisin/port aroma burn my nose too much to really get a good smell.

T- oh boy. raisins everywhere! just about everything i dislike in an alcoholic drink. i can feel the hangover with every sip of this syrupy sweet beer. it is jagermiester minus the anise flavor.

M- syrupy. coating the mouth and tongue and belly

O-I've been drinking beer for a long time and taking notes on what I drink. There is literally no beer that I've tasted that I want to drink less than this beer. Perhaps it's because I don't ike port? does everyone else that reviewed this like port? Honestly, I'm just confused as to the high ratings. I like Imperial Stouts, but not this one.

3.93/5  rDev -6.9%

Drank 12/9/12.

Pours thick and black black black. Amazingly almost no head at all, only a couple black swamp like bubbles. Smell is dark and roasty. Bread, chocolate, woody, and smokey on the nose . Thick as it comes, mouthfeel is great, you can chew on this one.. Pretty hoppy for a DIS, nice sweet undertones but very powerful stout. Leaves a slightly tobacco flavored after taste. Great beer to split with a friend, pretty intense but malt/hop balance is great.

3.5/5  rDev -17.1%