Turbo Shandy | Hoppin' Frog Brewery

Availability: Summer

Added by Beejay on 06-26-2010

2.5/5  rDev -27.3%

4.54/5  rDev +32%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.5

I let my buddy help me review this because he loves some good summer beers. He says he's pissed they don't distribute in our area. Says it's the best summer beer he's ever had. Taste is lemony and almost like a 7-up. Really easy to drink. I could see us drinking 3 or 4 bombers on a hot summer day. Makes us wish we lived in Cleveland. This is one good beer. Maybe it doesn't taste like beer, but who cares. The taste is great and at 7.2% we could throw a bunch back and be feeling real good.
I wish I had more to try from hoppin frog. Gonna snag some up next time I'm in the area!

2.25/5  rDev -34.6%

3.25/5  rDev -5.5%

3.25/5  rDev -5.5%

4.25/5  rDev +23.5%

3.67/5  rDev +6.7%
look: 3 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 4 | overall: 3.75

Pours light golden with almost no head. Smells like lemon ginger ale and I honestly don't need to describe the flavor any more than that. It is what it is Taste is just like the smell: zesty lemon peel, ginger ale, a bit of apricot. Effervescent and refreshing. Lots of hate for shandies out there, but this is really refreshing and a good beer for the style, and would be great on a boat on the lake in a hot summer. A real thirst quenching beer, though you would admittedly have to enjoy citrus.

Turbo Shandy from Hoppin' Frog Brewery