Krušovice Cerne | Královský Pivovar Krušovice a.s.

good
Krušovice CerneKrušovice Cerne

Královský Pivovar Krušovice a.s.
Czech Republic
krusovice.cz

Style: Schwarzbier

Added by stoutman on 06-08-2003

3.2/5  rDev -9.3%

3.3/5  rDev -6.5%

2.45/5  rDev -30.6%

4.25/5  rDev +20.4%

12/19/12 On tap at Rattle n Hum, NYC.

Schwarzbier is new to me so I wasn't sure what to expect. A few clicks & I found this on the BeerMenus brewers page: "Simmer for you genuine Czech beer – let our proper KRUŠOVICKÁ ten or twelve! They taste like the time".

To this point I thought CERN was all about particle colliders, but one lives & learns.

Worse off than I was, I stick my nose in the mug & get a definite wisp of smoked something or other...a particle perhaps.

Knowing I'm on my own as far as the tripping brewers are concerned (go to the Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/Friinealkoholickepivo & see who's in charge) I'm getting worried. Instinct kicks in & I realize I'm actually in very safe hands.

This stuff has class. Hard to define but attractive nonetheless. Neither sweet nor bitter, polite body & ABV. They've been at it since 1581 (if you believe Wikiwhatsit) & I'd say they're on to something. Let's hope Heineken leaves well enough alone.

3.8/5  rDev +7.6%

3.75/5  rDev +6.2%

2.25/5  rDev -36.3%

3.76/5  rDev +6.5%

4.25/5  rDev +20.4%

Krušovice Cerne from Královský Pivovar Krušovice a.s.