D'Ham Blonde | Les Brasseurs du Hameau

Style: American Blonde Ale

Added by dherling on 01-10-2007

Reviews by dherling:
3.65/5  rDev +12%

Poured out an orange brown color, opaque, with a bubbly off white head. Has some malty notes in the nose, slight bitter hoppyness, and spice. The taste offers some mild malt and hops, a little bitterness on the finish. A decent and highly drinkable beer.

3.01/5  rDev -7.7%

Bottle: Poured a cloudy beige color ale with a big foamy head with great retention and lacing. Aroma of dry malt with some Belgian yeasty finish. Taste is comprised of dry malt with a strong yeasty finish reminiscent of artisan bread. Body is about average with some adequate carbonation. I think this is lacking some character (spice, sugar) to make this worthwhile but interesting nonetheless.

3.53/5  rDev +8.3%
look: 4 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

A- Cloudy dark orange/amber. has a nice orange tinged head. Nothing blond about this beer, but it is attractive enough.

S- Pleasant pale malt and light hops. Good notes of yeast and fruit.

T- Pleasant yeast character giving something of a Belgian feel. Good balance of malt and hops, with the hops prominent. the alcohol taste is surprisingly strong condidering the ABV. Bitter aftertaste lingers a little more than I would prefer.

MF- Good bottle conditioned ale. Light feeling without being watery. Alcohol character a bit too high.

D- A pleasant mealtime beer. I enjoyed this one much more than the rousse.

2.52/5  rDev -22.7%

Damn it this was almost a very nice beer, but for some reason the lovely spicy goodness is washing against a sulphurous egg taste.

It's a struggle for me to judge this beer as obviously a lot of craft went into it's production, and yet i have to acknowledge that it makes me want to vomit. I will qualify all of this by saying that I hate eggs because I cannot bare the sulphurous stink that I experience when they are cooked in any form. i realize I may be hyper-sensitive to that taste/scent. on the good side this beer hasa soft sandalwood scent and foretaste. it's great just before the rotten egg washes down at the end. it get's easier with each swallow but to me this tastes like someone is pouring a skunky Heineken down my throat just after I've had a swig of a very nice brew.

3.57/5  rDev +9.5%

brown 341 bottle.

A: almost amber colour, nice head at the pouring but 3 seconds it has dissaper.
S: malty, caramel smell, probably the beer is old.
T: clean strong taste, nice spice, the bitternes of the hops are presents
D: good beer, I like the strong taste.

D'Ham Blonde from Les Brasseurs du Hameau